Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first bike ever! A 2004 V-Star 650 Classic. It's been a life long dream to learn to ride and I've finally done it. Looking forward to the experience.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Welcome to the family! Congrats on your new bike. Hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Welcome! It's a great bike to learn on :) I highly recommend taking an MSF course for the basics and posting some pics of your ride before the other members get grouchy at you! :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. As a matter of fact, I took the Rider Edge new riders course at the local Harley Davidson dealership. Well worth the price I paid. I'll get those pictures as soon as I can.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Congrats bud you will love that bike if it is anything like mine. I just picked up a 2005 midnight custom 4 months ago and I love it. Well when it ran she is down with a bad starter clutch. Bummer but in time shell be running. Have fun and ride safe.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I agree with taking the MSF course. As a new rider myself I learned valuable info that I would have otherwise missed or learned the hard way if I made it. Best of luck and enjoy, it's great!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
38 Posts
Welcome aboard. I purchased a 2007 VStar 650 Classic a week before my MSF course. My first bike ever also. Been riding everyday since then rain or shine. I really appreciated taking my MSF course on a 250cc first though. Once you get confident in the riding basics, it transfers over nicely to the 650. Just have to get use the weight difference at first but since the bike sits low, the riding stance between the 250 to the 650 is very similar. I was a little spooked at first when I hopped on my VStar the very first time and had to drive it home 15 miles from the dealership. At first it seemed like a beast, but once you get it rolling and get some mileage under your belt, she is definitely a sweet ride.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts