Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm from Canada, just bought a 2000 V Star 1100 Custom. I've been riding for less than a year, so I'll have lots of questions.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Ok my fellow Canuck lets start with the newbie rule book. It was written with great thought and effort by our site guru and is seldom used by newbs.

On page 39475 rule 50 states that "all canucks shall post pics of their bikes before asking any questions about them." Rule 576 para 542 sub para 32c sub sub para a states "All canucks shall tell the populous of the forum where they're from, what they do and any other info they want to share with said populous."

Welcome to the funnest forum around. You're sure to find answers to your questions here and some might even pertain to what you're asking ;). Post often you to have something to bring here I'm sure.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome, I don't have any pictures yet as I don't pickup my bike until next month, but I will post once I have some pics.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Well said my brothern Corsair. Welcome to the forum 2000vstar.We like to break in the newbie hee hee ha ha. Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome from where ever i may be:confused:

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Welcome to the 4M!

Without new pictures to view I guess now I'll have to actually work when I get to work today. Just so you know the tragic impact of not posting pictures. :D

·
Registered
545 Posts
Welcome 2000. I too have a black Vstar 1100. You will love it.

And don't worry, when eater says they like to break in the newbies, that doesn't mean you need to tape your butt shut........necessarily. ;-)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just hope it fits me right, I'm 6'5 and just picked up 6" forward controls, hopefully that will bring my knees down from above the tank...lol
My last bike, which was my first bike, was a 1984 Honda Magna V45, and I looked like a clown on it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can't wait until my knee heals from surgery, with this awsome weather I'm getting the itch....here are a couple pictures of what I'm waiting for....

My mustang that I have owned for 13 years

The V Star still sitting where it is being stored, until I pick it up in april.

The 6" forward controls I picked up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bike is paid for, registered and insured, just waiting on a rectifier to come in before I can pick it up.......

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mustang is Eleanor (I know it's not the '67 Fastback, but it's a Mustang in my garage).
BMW 540i is Christine, as she hates my wife...lol...seriously scary.
Now I need a name for the bike, I guess we'll see her character first, but feel free to keep them coming, maybe I'll like one of them.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
How bout Mabel?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts