Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All,

I just made the switch from a 2007 GSX-R 600 to the V Star 1100 Custom. I have big plans in store for the new bike and so far I am enjoying it thoroughly!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard Nice lookn scoot.There you go aide givin the the newbie from info, everyone knows the grey bikes are te fastest.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Wecome from where ever i may be! Don't pay no mind to hdeater113, i just explained to somebody else that he is color blind :D

What kind of mods you thinking about?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone!

Sparky, I am actually thinking about building a bobber out of it. I'm on a budget (whatever money I have leftover from the sale of the GSXR) but the Blue Collar Bobber kits look pretty good. So far I have done the Phelp's Exhaust mod to hold me over until the Curburner I ordered gets here. I'm actually concerned it may be too loud, so we will see how that goes once it arrives.

Currently, I am trying to decide what sort of intake mod to do. I think I'm opting for POD versus hypercharger, given what I have read. Anyone have any thoughts (experience) with the Dragon's Breath system?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Everybody that has done the POD mod is satisfied with it. Including me :D

·
Registered
626 Posts
When I first started to think about the pod mod, I was going to buy a kit. Then the guys from here talked me into saving money and going ahead with out a kit

·
Registered
101 Posts
Do the DIY mod, you won't be a bit sorry

Sent from my PC36100 using Motorcycle App

·
Registered
923 Posts
Welcome to the fun house. I too was thinking of doing the Blue Collar Bobber mods, but after seeing the bike in person I couldn't do it. I am still thinking of maybe painting, but right now it's the fastest color....BLACK!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Follow-up question on intake everyone...

It seems that the cost of a DIY pod is now about $120-$130 and The Chubby air kit is $135 and seems to be the basic DIY pod install, but with everything in one place. Am I missing something?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts