Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm new here since March, and today I passed my 5,000 mile since I started back riding my 09 650 V star. Almost all of them commuter miles in and out of DC so traffic heavy. The stop and go, one minute 70mph, the next 7mph that seemed like a drag most days, in truth, has given me some great experience and confidence going fast or slow. :D

Looking for my next 5,000, and perhaps a bigger bike someday...

Thanks for all of your help, advice, and riding tips these past 7 months.

mk

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Congrats on the mile stone. I put over 5000 miles on mine this summer for a weekend warrior.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Congrats DCrider, and hello!

I haven't commuted yet to my office on 6th and D Streets NW, but I've been having fun riding around my neck of northern Virginia. Hope to see you on the road someday.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Soul, I'm at 4th and I NW. I come in on 66E to 395 up to Mass ave. You can park for free in front of the DC metro PD at 4th and D, just look for where the cop bikes are...

mk

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I work for the government and I have free parking in my building ... But I'm a little nervous about riding downtown still, so I probably won't commute much until I can find the time to ride down there a couple of times on a weekend.

Also don't want to give up my daily bike commute - it's my only real exercise!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the tip. I work for the government and I have free parking in my building ... But I'm a little nervous about riding downtown still, so I probably won't commute much until I can find the time to ride down there a couple of times on a weekend.

Also don't want to give up my daily bike commute - it's my only real exercise!
Free parking in DC, you must be an SES - LOL. It took me some getting used to the traffic, speed on 66, and the poor conditions of our roads. I put 500 miles just around town before I even ventured onto the highway. I had the added bonus of first ridinng in NYC back when I was in college so the traffic was less of an issue for me. PM me if you ever want to ride in on a weekend. I go in on 66 to 395 past the new MLK monument. There is some serious mearging involved but you do get used to it.

Stay safe, and ride at your own pace.

mk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts