Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been looking at used bikes but decided to purchase a new bike. I narrowed my search down to a 1100 Vstar, a 950 Vstar, and Kawi's 900 Vulcan. After must deliberation, and sitting on many different bikes, I pulled the trigger on a 08 leftover Vstar Silverado. I found a dealer who just added Yamaha to their lineup 3 months ago. The bikes they received were from a dealership that closed.

The 1100 Vstar just seemed to fit me better than the other bikes I tried. No matter which bike I purchased, I was going to equip it with bags, upgraded seats, sissy bar, and a windshield, which is roughly a $1,000 worth of upgrades. The silverado already had all the upgrades I was planning on... Since the dealer really wanted to move the bike it was priced at $8,500... I just could not pass it up.

So I am now a proud member of the 1100 club :D :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Congrats i been super happy with mine tooo. I just got it this spring. Same thing too i got it cheaper as a left over new 2008.

Would reccomend getting a oil filter relocation kit its the first thing i did to mine.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats i been super happy with mine tooo. I just got it this spring. Same thing too i got it cheaper as a left over new 2008.

Would reccomend getting a oil filter relocation kit its the first thing i did to mine.
It's funny you mention the relocation kit... When I purchased the bike, I knew about the issues with the oil filter. At the 600 mile mark with the 1st oil change, my plans are to install it then. I'm still researching which brand I want to use. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome to the club! :) The 1100 Silverado is an awesome bike. Spectacular looks, and a great ride. It just has a couple of foibles. The biggest of which you're about to address.

Post up pics!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts