Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MODS PLEASE REMOVE WITH MY APOLOGIES IF THIS IS A TABOO THAT I MISSED.

First are some quick shots of Noccalula Falls. Gadsden, AL

Then comes "Little Rock City" (now formally named "Cherokee Rock Village" since it was used in the film "Failure to Launch").

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Where we used to camp out when I was a kid. (Still "Cherokee Rock Village)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Great pics thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nice pics, you guys make it up to Little River Canyon any? Beautiful riding up through there and North Georgia. I have to get up to Mt. Cheaha soon, haven't been there in years.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Nice pics, reminds me of a place called "Old Mans Rock" in Ohio

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all, pics are just part of the ride for me. Habit or Hobby, I dunno. lol

Nice pics, you guys make it up to Little River Canyon any? Beautiful riding up through there and North Georgia. I have to get up to Mt. Cheaha soon, haven't been there in years.
Quite often. Actually, that's where this particular trip was supposed to lead after "Cherokee Rock Village". The original plan was the River Walk in Gadsden, to Noccalula Falls, to Black Creek crossing, to Cherokee Rock Village, to Yellow Creek Falls (in Leesburg, AL), then on to Little River Canyon, [maybe mentone if time permitted with daylight], to Johnny's Creek Damn, to "Wild Woman Country" (local thing in Johnny's Creek area) and back to the River Walk in time to get some setting sun shots of the board walk and river.

I didn't start very soon, so I knew many of the stops would have to be snap and go. I might have spent 5 minutes at Noccalula, 20 at Cherokee Rock Village and Yellow creek would have been about the same, but ran into some people stranded and couldn't just leave 'em. Soooo the trip ended there, but I'm bound to try it again soon! (anyone in the area's welcome to make the day ride).

The point was to do the day ride for myself and to get pics to try and put together a 3 day rider's course for some folks that just need a little extra experience (ok, and I need to see for myself how they handle unknowns) on the odd roads and especially riding in groups before they do a big ride this Fall. I plan to hold the "trial" on Sept. 4th after I get back from my Corbin, KY trip.

SparkyD said:
Nice pics, reminds me of a place called "Old Mans Rock" in Ohio
Was talking about Old Mans Rock a while back with my Sis (in Columbus) and never did get around to googling it. Haven't seen the place since I was a little feller.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I don't remember ever being there but as I live on Monster energy drinks I must have been as I saw an empty can of mine laying on the ground in one of those pics. Nope couldn't have been me, my wife has trained me to recycle!

Great pics...and there's nothing taboo here...now animal erotica, that's taboo!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Freaky1,

You should get over to Suches, Georgia and do the Georgia Dragon's Tail !! WWWHHHHHOOOOOPPPPPPEEEEE!! I did it on the Stratoliner, but it wore me out afterwards!! My tires were getting worn also at the time. But now I have a fresh set of tires and can't wait to get back up there!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts