Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum. I got my first street bike in August 2012 ( A Honda VLX 600) and got my motorcycle license. I just upgraded a couple of weeks ago to a V-Star 1100 Classic and couldn't be happier!

~Juice~

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the welcome!

I'm just learning how to use this forum, I appreciate all the warm welcomes! I'll get some pictures of my bike soon! I have been looking at the pictures of all your bikes, wow there are some pretty ones out there!

I am hoping to make some modifications to my bike in the future. I got it really cheap because the previous owner laid it down and then traded it in for a new Victory, the dealership listed it at low book but lowered it after it sat in their showroom for a month. I looked at it, told the owner if he made me a good deal I would pay cash that day, he came down another $800 and I took it home.

The damage is minimal, limited to a ding in the tank and one in the front fender and scuffed saddle bags. I want to change the color to purple anyways so the small dings aren't a big deal.

A couple other things I have realized I don't like since getting it are the seat and the pipes, both are stock. The seat is really uncomfortable and the pipes are way too quiet. I think I want a solo seat as I don't plan on taking passengers. I also want more lights (passing lights?) on the front and a rear light that's a little more noticeable.

My front fender says Classic on it but my windscreen says Silverado, I'm not sure of the difference between the models, maybe someone can clue me in?

Welcome to the 4M, just saying. :)
Curious what the 4M means?

Welcome here:) In my younger days, knew an ol girl named "Juice", sure hope you are as much fun here on the form as she was then:D
HAVE FUN!
I hope to be fun, that would mean I'm having fun!

Thanks again for all the welcomes!
~Juice~

Attachments

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
I just went back and checked out the pictures of your bike, very nice.

While your considering changing the color, I suggest painting it blue. And with spoked wheels, nice wide white wall tires would look very nice. The chrome goes real good with the color blue and would bring out the color of your eyes (assuming you have chrome eyes. :D) .

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Well Juice, seems Sugar Bear may have been a bit hasty throwin some praise toward the Wart:eek: I had forgot old fellers can be a little delusional at times. Color blind ect. And that thing bout spokes:eek:

Just be aware, some of the boys may have some feelins and thoughts that don't match up with reality:D

HAVE FUN!

Ride Safe, Live Long:cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just went back and checked out the pictures of your bike, very nice.

While your considering changing the color, I suggest painting it blue. And with spoked wheels, nice wide white wall tires would look very nice. The chrome goes real good with the color blue and would bring out the color of your eyes (assuming you have chrome eyes. :D) .
Yes... Blue was a consideration, I read somewhere that the blue ones are the fastest. But I am really stuck on Purple...
Spoke wheels are out of the question, but I do like the look of the white walls on my man's Roadstar.
Of course my eyes are Chrome... aren't everyones? Or is that just from staring at my bike too much?

~Juice~

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
OKAY you two, stop ragging on me about using the word "spokes". They aren't wire spokes, I'll give you that much but let me know a better term for those seven cylindrical shaped metallic members that extend radially out from the center to join the rim to the hub? My Strat has 12 of them and I call them "spokes". :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts