Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
Just joined your forums, been looking over here in the UK but not many dedicated Star forums over here. I ride an 1100 V Star classic (2009) had it from new. done a couple of mods, drilled air intake and fitted K&N air filter to help it breath a bit better, Custom pearl white paint job, DIY rider backrest (Still needs 1/2" Stainless Steel studs round edge), Jardines oil relocation kit (thats still dripping :mad::mad::mad: new O rings on order.) Looking to put pull back bar risers on (keeping standard cables if possible) also looking for advice on lowering back end but we do have some mean speed humps on some of my local roads so clearances are an issue. Undecided on weather to put a light bar on.
My previous bike was a Hayabusa but I have a shoulder/arm injury and the forward riding position was a problem so I was riding my wifes trike and the upright cruiser riding position did not cause the same problems so decided to buy the V Star. Will post a few pics of my ride ASAP

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Hi Guys
Just joined your forums, been looking over here in the UK but not many dedicated Star forums over here. I ride an 1100 V Star classic (2009) had it from new. done a couple of mods, drilled air intake and fitted K&N air filter to help it breath a bit better, Custom pearl white paint job, DIY rider backrest (Still needs 1/2" Stainless Steel studs round edge), Jardines oil relocation kit (thats still dripping :mad::mad::mad: new O rings on order.) Looking to put pull back bar risers on (keeping standard cables if possible) also looking for advice on lowering back end but we do have some mean speed humps on some of my local roads so clearances are an issue. Undecided on weather to put a light bar on.
My previous bike was a Hayabusa but I have a shoulder/arm injury and the forward riding position was a problem so I was riding my wifes trike and the upright cruiser riding position did not cause the same problems so decided to buy the V Star. Will post a few pics of my ride ASAP
G'Day Ken,

Welcome to the forum. The V Star is a lovely balanced bike. I have an old 98 650 but regardless of CC's everyone says they all handle excellantly. My old bike is also custom painted toffee (metallic deep gold) on the sides and pearl white metallic on the top married with black and then a silver pinstripe. Look forward to seeing pics of your bike.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Welcome aboard Ken !
That's my line :) As Isabelle said, welcome aboard Ken. This is a great forum and has a ton of great information. And don't even get me started on the crazy people we have running around here. Have fun and keep the rubber side down.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome you guys (Includes ladies) Went out on the bike this morning after trying to sort out an oil leak just for a test you understand :) and came back this afternoon with an additional 109miles on the clock, opps! but it is not leaking any longer dear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts