Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been lurking here for a few days and I like what I see, so I thought I might join the group and participate in a few conversations.

I've been riding a VStar 650 Classic since '03 and have about 94K on that. A few weeks ago I picked up a new '18 Venture, Raspberry Metallic (can I just say "red"?), so that my wife and I can travel in comfort... and style.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself to the forum.

Daniel

·
Registered
445 Posts
Well, I've been lurking here for a few days and I like what I see, so I thought I might join the group and participate in a few conversations.

I've been riding a VStar 650 Classic since '03 and have about 94K on that. A few weeks ago I picked up a new '18 Venture, Raspberry Metallic (can I just say "red"?), so that my wife and I can travel in comfort... and style.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself to the forum.

Daniel
Welcome from GA.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada, Daniel. From what our members are saying about their new Ventures you got yourself one helluva ride there. Must be quite a change from the 650. Love to see a pic when you get a chance!

·
Super Moderator
4,608 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas and congrats on the new bike. Glad you joined us. Ride often and safe.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Welcome from Columbus, OH! Glad you joined. Lots of info so snoop around and enjoy! Just a word of caution though....be prepared for sudden changes of direction by some members here....It often comes without warning...sit back and enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
6,084 Posts
Welcome from East Tennessee Dan!
We just got back from our second annual rally in Waynesville NC and we had two ‘red’ Ventures and a gray in attendance. Awesome bikes, however as requested pics are a must so we can see that permanent grin on your face, !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
299 Posts
Welcome from Belton, TX! Congrats on the new Venture—I’m a long-time owner myself...about 24 hrs. now. Congrats also on choosing the optimal color...metallic raspberry (red). Decreases drag and increases torque about 8%, according to my understanding. I was briefly led astray with regard to the advantages of granite and 2020 metallic blue...thankfully, I saw the light in time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks and yes, quite the change from the 650 Classic (I kept that bike). About twice the weight and almost 3 times the displacement (4x the cost), but my wife and I wanted to start riding together more and taking trips around the country... not that the kids are all adults. I am not an impulse buyer when it comes to big ticket items. I had almost given up on Yamaha coming out with anything to keep up with the other manufacturers, when I received notice about the Star Venture. Waited patiently for the unveiling and the release. Wow! what a great bike. SO funny to watch Youtube reviews now, knowing that those folks did not have a clue.

Daniel

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks. I saw your intro and notice that you had joined the ownership group. I like the Blue, but it wasn't worth an extra 7K and the wait for it to arrive. Congrats on your purchase.

Daniel

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Many thanks for the welcoming replies. I would like to have replied much sooner, but I was having password issues. Thought it was my phone, waited to get to the office and still couldn't log-in, so I reset my password.

I'll post more about the bike in the Venture Forum.

Daniel

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Red is just the color. I've notice that I've taken to calling her "The Beast." Odd, because I've never named a vehicle in my life.

Daniel
What do you mean red is just the color? The color is what gives it personality, at least in other peoples minds. I had a Uranium green 1800 VTX and got so many compliments on the color. Now with the classic it isn't so much the paint color as it it how much it shines.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts