Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Hey folks. Took the time to get some “staged” photos which I think came out well. Any other SVTC owners got some cool pics?
Tony, I vote you having the sharpest looking SVTC (with trailer) out there! You can be our SVTC Ambassador to the America's roadways-------> "Have SVTC, will travel!" :)

"BTW, it must be nice to be able to ride in February!!!" Today, it's a hard wind blowing, and soon to snow AGAIN....like it has over the last entire week...snow and ice....ice and snow....multi-vehicle crashes on Highway 401...you know...that sort of stuff...." :(

Post Edit: "Also...looking at your SVTC....the bike, hand's down, is the ***sharpest*** looking V-Twin motorcycle on the road today. Yamaha nailed it for cosmetic design. The bike just has presence....and need say no more."

Joe

·
Super Moderator
4,450 Posts
Really sharp looking. Quick question, does the trailer require a license plate?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Chief,
That is outstanding. I'll try to see if I can beat those pics this summer when we go... I don't know where we're going but probably somewhere out west.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really sharp looking. Quick question, does the trailer require a license plate?
I purchased in Tennessee which does NOT require trailers to be licensed. North Carolina where I live does. I just got the title yesterday, so I need to do it.
Different states have different requirement some do, some don’t.
Because of that I HIGHLY recommend that you get it tagged if your going across country.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey folks. Took the time to get some “staged” photos which I think came out well. Any other SVTC owners got some cool pics?
Tony, I vote you having the sharpest looking SVTC (with trailer) out there! You can be our SVTC Ambassador to the America's roadways-------> "Have SVTC, will travel!" /forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

"BTW, it must be nice to be able to ride in February!!!" Today, it's a hard wind blowing, and soon to snow AGAIN....like it has over the last entire week...snow and ice....ice and snow....multi-vehicle crashes on Highway 401...you know...that sort of stuff...." /forums/images/smilies/frown.gif

Post Edit: "Also...looking at your SVTC....the bike, hand's down, is the ***sharpest*** looking V-Twin motorcycle on the road today. Yamaha nailed it for cosmetic design. The bike just has presence....and need say no more."

Joe
You’re too kind Sir! I accept your mantle with a humble heart, but Rob (Bucfan11) has just as sweet a rig. The only difference is (he acknowledged it as well) is that my trailer lights match the bike better than his Goldwing style.
I’ve put on a few hundred miles over the last couple days. Been in the upper 50’s and low 60’s. I’d have probably had more mileage EXCEPT... and you KNOW what I mean, I have people asking me questions every time I stop SOOOO it’s ride for a while TALK for an hour... ride for a while TALK for another hour! Lol!
Just a side note: the trailer bra is with the people who did my seat. They’re custom making a bra for it to match my seat. It’ll be done next week.
You guys are gonna be flooded with pics and videos later this year!
We’re gonna setup a YouTube channel to log & blog our daily stuff on our cross country trip.

Here to the snow & ive melting and you waking up Charlotte once again to gobble up the road before you in complete comfort!

·
Registered
809 Posts
You’re too kind Sir! I accept your mantle with a humble heart, but Rob (Bucfan11) has just as sweet a rig. The only difference is (he acknowledged it as well) is that my trailer lights match the bike better than his Goldwing style.
I’ve put on a few hundred miles over the last couple days. Been in the upper 50’s and low 60’s. I’d have probably had more mileage EXCEPT... and you KNOW what I mean, I have people asking me questions every time I stop SOOOO it’s ride for a while TALK for an hour... ride for a while TALK for another hour! Lol!
Just a side note: the trailer bra is with the people who did my seat. They’re custom making a bra for it to match my seat. It’ll be done next week.
You guys are gonna be flooded with pics and videos later this year!
We’re gonna setup a YouTube channel to log & blog our daily stuff on our cross country trip.

Here to the snow & ice melting and you waking up Charlotte once again to gobble up the road before you in complete comfort!
Here's to the snow & ice melting and you waking up Charlotte once again to gobble up the road before you in complete comfort!

Chief..from your lips, to the weatherman's ear...!!!!! :)

I figure, another 70-80 days...and once again, Charlotte, my wife, and myself can once more become the Three Travelling Amigos....

·
Registered
104 Posts
--

I hate to say anything nasty about that beautiful bike, but I think the ass is too big. That's why I got an Eluder. >:)

--

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
--

I hate to say anything nasty about that beautiful bike, but I think the ass is too big. That's why I got an Eluder. /forums/images/StarbikeForums_2015/smilies/tango_face_devil.png

--
Eluder is not for 2 up touring. Happy wife... happy life! I prefer smaller butts myself but I’ll make a glad exception in this case. Besides, on the right woman a generous booty looks good. Case in point!

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Eluder is not for 2 up touring. Happy wife... happy life! I prefer smaller butts myself but I’ll make a glad exception in this case. Besides, on the right woman a generous booty looks good. Case in point!
I had to post this.
I half expected that but not from you! Lol

·
Registered
448 Posts

I just replaced the gas struts on my lid. FYI, they are 20 inch 30 lb shocks. I paid $18 and the lid is great again.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

I just replaced the gas struts on my lid. FYI, they are 20 inch 30 lb shocks. I paid $18 and the lid is great again.

Hey, that’s great Rob! I had noticed that when the lid was open, it seemed like it could fall closed real easy. I was thinking the cylinders needed changed with a stronger pressure too. Are those stronger than the stock ones? If so, where did you get them?

·
Registered
448 Posts
I bought 40 lb off Amazon and the lid is a little to strong, it certainly is not going to fall closed. The stock ones are 30 lb which I believe would be perfect.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I bought 40 lb off Amazon and the lid is a little to strong, it certainly is not going to fall closed. The stock ones are 30 lb which I believe would be perfect.

You have 40lb? You said in your first post that you had 30lb. Which one is it?
I’d like the lid not to just stay up, but to open on its own after lifting to say 1/2 way or less.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I bought 40 lb. The stock ones are 30. The 40 lb are pretty stiff. Have to pull pretty hard to get the lid starting to close.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I bought 40 lb. The stock ones are 30. The 40 lb are pretty stiff. Have to pull pretty hard to get the lid starting to close.

Ok, thanks Rob. 30lbs it is then! I’ll look them up unless you have a cheap source already?
Never mind! If I could READ I’d see you already listed AMAZON as your source.
Sorry about the “Senior Moment”. 😳

1 - 19 of 19 Posts