Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum but I've owned my 2004 V-Star 650 Classic since last spring. Bought it to save on fuel cost commuting 50 miles round trip to work 5 days a week. Got bitten by the mod bug early on and only recently went into remission. I spent everything I saved on fuel cost on gear and mods! Hope the dreaded affliction doesn't return too soon so I can financially justify the bike--already justified in every mile spent riding and smiling!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Glad you're enjoying your bike.

I think we can help you with a prognosis about this affliction you described, but we'll need pictures of the bike in order to do that. :cool:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
afflicted

Hola CalientePocket
When I bought the bike it was 100% stock with a set of K-Drive bags installed and about 9250 miles. I immediately added a set of Cobra Freeway Bars and not until this year's riding season was I able to call a moratorium on mods. I'm pretty happy with her as she currently sits. The list so far:
National Cycle Switchblade 2-Up Windshield w/Chrome Lowers
Baron Custom Engine Guard
PCS Lowering Kit
Modded Stock Seat (Michael Hendricks Mod from Webslinger site)
Yamaha Solo Rack--Pillion/Pegs Removed
K-Drive Saddlebags--Lowered 1.25” from original position
Willie and Max Windshield bag
Pirelli MT66 Route tires
I've logged 10k miles on her mostly just commuting (and grinning like an idiot.)

·
Registered
794 Posts
Nice looking ride! Grats on joining the best forum out there! :D

·
Registered
621 Posts
Looks good!

There's no known cure for your condition, but it can be treated with heavy doses of riding.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome aboard :) Don't worry about a cure, just enjoy :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts