Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry folks that I haven't been on here for a while but a lot of things have happened.
First let me tell you I no longer have my Royal Star motorcycle. It was totaled out on May 23 2015. My wife and I were on our way to get something to eat and my rear tire blew out causing me to lose control of the bike. My wife and I both went down with the bike. Unfortunately my wife was killed in the accident. When she landed apparently it was head first. She was wearing a helmet but when she hit head first it broke her neck and she died pretty much immediately.
For me I had 2 cracked vertibray (?) in my neck, broken toe and fractures in my left leg, also broke two of my knuckles on my right hand. I also had a lot of road rash.
With my condition requiring help I had to move to SC to live with my son and his family. I'm still having a lot of pain but trying to deal with it. I'm suppose to have back surgery here sometime in Feb.
So, as you can see I have had my reasons for not going on line
here. It's really been hard on me losing my wife. We were married for 32 years.
I have now got a HD Road King and I'm back into riding. I still don't feel real comfortable like I did before but I'm getting better.
My injuries have mostly healed up other than my right arm and my back.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hey there Bluez - so sorry to hear about your wife of 32 years passing. That can't be an easy thing for you to go thru. Stay strong and glad to hear your up and about again on 2 wheels. Take care !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts