Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just upgraded from a honda shadow 750 to a 2001 RS 1600. Admittedly, I was afraid of the power, but holy cow, she rides like a dream!!! I just need to adjust the clutch how I want, but the previous owner was short as well, and lowered it 3/4"...shout out to those other short goals like me, because I'm actually FLATFOOTED on this bike!! It's like a dress with pockets!! Pics for attention
Wheel Tire Automotive fuel system Plant Fuel tank
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Sky

·
Registered
685 Posts
Welcome from Solon, IA and another Road Star rider. That's a nice looking bike. These are low to the ground and comfortable rides for sure. Those bags look interesting. Maybe you can take a few close-ups of them. They look similar to the Yamaha OEM hard bags which I thought they were at first.

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Welcome from some someone else with a XV1600

·
Premium Member
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring,
2,490 Posts
Hello @Amyaldridge and welcome from Virginia. that is a great looking bike.

·
Super Moderator
4,108 Posts
Welcome from Sacramento, Ca.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Welcome from Columbus,OH! Nice looking bike!

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin i have found the friction point on the honda is just better than the yamaha. You will get used to it

·
Super Moderator
8,251 Posts
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee, and a fellow RoadStar owner! Great looking bike and we’re glad you joined us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome from Solon, IA and another Road Star rider. That's a nice looking bike. These are low to the ground and comfortable rides for sure. Those bags look interesting. Maybe you can take a few close-ups of them. They look similar to the Yamaha OEM hard bags which I thought they were at first.
Those are actually hard bags for a Harley that were modified to fit this bike. The previous owner worked for a motorcade in a local police department, so the mechanic there fabricated the brackets and installed them on. They also painted them to match the bike. Pretty sweet! :D

·
Registered
685 Posts
@Amyaldridge, thanks for the follow-up. I would have never guessed them to be Harley bags. Most of the HD bags I've seen are much more square looking. Those bags flow with the fenders so nice they look like either OEM or aftermarket specifically made for that bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts