Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang .. I keep getting water in my tank. '06 VStar 1100 classic. I don't always put the cover on, so it does get rained on occasionally. Cap and tank seal look great. Twice now, it sputtered and died when I put it on reserve. Luckily, I switched over before I needed to, so switched back and got home. Both times, I put it on reserve, and drained well over a cup of water from the tank. I called the dealer and showed them the cap. They said, "happens all the time. It's the cap." Well, once again, it looks perfectly fine to me. AND, it's a $100 for a stupid gas cap?

Ideas?

·
Registered
35 Posts
lightly rub silicone grease on the cap. close it, open it and check to see if the grease is making a 100% seal. next place a dollar bill around the opening and close the cap. see if the bill can get pulled out easy or not. maybe the tank is made wrong and the latching system isnt tight enough.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whoa .. great idea, pal. I guess I assumed the seals were mating. Ironically, it's raining right now, so will check tomorrow. cover is on the bike (whew).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts