Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking her up next week, and she looks MINT.

Pics to follow soon. Now I just gotta heal up lol

Sorry I had to leave the 950 club Bevo :(

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's OK. there probably wasn't enough room on the roads for both of our 950s anyway
Just wish I could have waited till after we took en out and exploded a few brains on the streets of Austin haha

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Best aftermarket pipes for the road star? I had V&H 2 into 2 on my 950 (RIP) and loved em, but am willing to branch out if the sound, and price, is right.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Got black V&H longshots on my Roadie. It's loud as hell and I love em. Glad yer safe and back on the road bro.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got black V&H longshots on my Roadie. It's loud as hell and I love em. Glad yer safe and back on the road bro.
I like the look of them, and the powershots, hell I like the look of most of em!!:D
Wish I could say I was back on the road, but it will be a bit for this hand to heal:mad:, but I couldn't pass up the deal on this road star, the previous owner has taken very good care of her! That and she already has most of what I would want to accessorize.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi Kel. Glad to hear you're healing and you've already gotten a replacement - haha, couldn't resist right? I think we heal faster when we have something tangible to look forward to.

Make sure that hand heal properly before you start going back out. Hands are delicate things, take care of them and they'll take care of you.

Can't wait for the pics!

Sam
2007 VStar 1100 Classic
Mods: SS Custom Cycle 429 cams, Barnett 64lb clutch spring conversion, Roadhouse 2-into-1 exhaust, Dyna 3000 ignition module, Dyna Hi-energy coils, Thundervolt spark plug wires, Metric Magic Under tank K&N filter pods, Metric Magic PMS screws, relocated "choke" off bar to engine, Yamaha upgraded starter clutch, Clevver clutch lever, rejetted carbs, Barons ORK oil filter relocation kit, Mustang touring seat, 1000lbs Eibach rear suspension spring, Progressive front fork springs, Stebel Nautilus horn, upgraded rear turn signals, Saddleman Midnight express saddlebags, Givi E340 topcase, VStar tall windshield and yes, 16-inch apes with internal wiring.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also in the market for a good priced batwing fairing. radio not really necessary, but if the price is right and all that jazz lol

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Okay ladies and gents. Planned upgrades are as follows:

street performance grips (I think that is the brand of them, I'm a little doped on pain meds right now)
Adding passenger floor boards from star
the same xxx big air kit I had on my 950
Vance and Hines powershots with jet kit
Chrome rimmed front wheel.

I will of course be taking before and after pics.

I do want a custom paint scheme, but will wait on that for a bit as I think on how I want it.

This is the for sale pic I pulled off the ad of my new baby

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here she is at my house before going in for a makeover at the shop. Follow up pics to be posted by next wednesday hopefully.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys :D not quite back up to snuff, still can't pull a clutch :( I had to get a friend of mine to ride it home. Couple more weeks and I'm there though! Hope you guys like what I have planned for her though haha

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Back from the shop with a new makeover! Hope you all like it so far. :D

Quite a bit more I want to get done, but it will have to wait some more

·
Registered
58 Posts
Looks good, Glad to see all is going well.

·
Registered
394 Posts
i missed this thread update before. looks good! how do you like it compared to the 950?
Obviously it's night and day for power, comfort, and reliability :D:D

Looks good though. V&H long shots strait pipes are very nice, but you might also be interested in bassani true duals for $400~ or freedom duals for $700. if you have big bags, they're really the way to go IMO.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts