Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After installing a faring and risers.... putting in the ignition key is a real bitch.... Has anyone installed a key-less ignition other then the Digital Guard Dawg???

·
Registered
40 Posts
I saw a strat at myrtle beach, they moved the ignition switch and mounted it in the fairing.looked good and practical.might do it this winter. Have you ever adjusted your valves? i have 30k and they have never been done. thanks BOB Z

·
Registered
188 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
I also have the Digital Guard Dawg. Had it installed by the dealer over the past winter. Prices have dropped
more than a $100 on them since I purchased mine and they have plug and play models available now. Mine was the universal
model and had to be spliced in. Works great and sure don't miss trying to get that key in the ignition
under the fairing. What engineer thought of that one??? :confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Rotty - Please take pictures when you get it installed. I have the Digital Guard Dawg Plug and Play unit. The Digital Guard Dawg installation instructions that I received stated that to unit connects to plugs under the gas tank. A member on the Stratoliner Deluxe site reported that this is incorrect and that one the plugs is wrong. I would like to make the sure that I know exactly what do before I pull everything apart.

·
Registered
254 Posts
i thought that engine has hydraulic lifters
Yes they have hydraulic lifters, but, the book says adjust every so many miles. Basically many have taken them in and nothing done just a cost. Listen to your bike, no noticeable clicking of out of adjustment, Ride Ride Ride. I have over 54,000 on mine and haven't done the adjustment. Some have well over that doing nothing. Others have been into it but i am not sure how much adjustment if any was needed. So listen, listen well to your motor, and all should be ok.0:)
Ride Safe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts