Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may laugh at my request, but my left leg is not as agile as my right and I have the hardest time catching the end of the kick stand to deploy it when parking.

I have considered just about everything. I don't want to heat and bend as it will mess up the chrome, maybe a piece of good quality hose stuck over the end would stick out a little more. I really don't know what would be the best answer.

Some of you may have experienced the same need and I would like to know what you did to remedy this problem that is real to me. There might even be some after market adapter that will bolt on to work. I even thought about a good quality hose clamp with some type extension, but haven't come up with anything that would keep the appearance nice looking. It is a 2014 Yamaha VStar 1300 Deluxe.

Thanks for any consideration and where ever you chose to ride, ride safe...MD in SC :nerd:

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,932 Posts
Not sure on the 1300 but here is quick fix for 1100. Just shim out the rear bolt.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...lesblank

I didn't think about that. I will check it out next week and see if the 1300 application is the same. That will be an easy solution if it works.

Thanks again...MD in SC

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks...afaycasaym

This is another choice that is very practical. I will try the shim trick next week and if need be I will get my name on one as soon as they become available.

Thanks again...MD in SC

·
Registered
185 Posts
Sorry no picture. I actually took the sidestand off and welded the shim in place. The shim was a piece of 18 gauge steel about 3/8" square. Tiny little tacks on two sides, and then grind smooth. The hose clamp is just above the spring mount and rotated so the screw housing faces up to where I can hook my heel on it. I hope that is a good enough of a description of it. If you put a small hose clamp on your stand ,then rotate it around, you'll see where it will work best for you. A good thing is that it's cheap. If you don't like it ,buy one of the Kuryakyn units.

·
Registered
30 Posts
skypupbob and Scrumdown...

Thanks for the additional information. I will be giving consideration to all information provided. I will have to get my neighbor to help with holding the bike up while checking out the mods. I believe I like the Kuryakyn unit or something that can be modified to serve the same purpose. The Forums will never let you down with creative information...MD in SC

·
Registered
412 Posts
the kickstand on my 650 was impossible to set with any shoe. My quick 15 sec fix was to superglue a 3/16" rubber grommet between the kickstand stop and the frame. It probably wont last but hey, what do you want for quick and easy? It angled it out enough so its now easy to catch with my heel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts