Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking here, reading and learning. Currently working on a 2000 VStar 1100 Custom that I picked up for $500. Had to replace forks and forward controls, brakes etc. Just about road ready but it will still need paint. Think I am gonna replace the fenders with some chopper style and definitely getting a tall sissy bar. Anyway have learned a lot here so far, so I thought I would say Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Been lurking here, reading and learning. Currently working on a 2000 VStar 1100 Custom that I picked up for $500. Had to replace forks and forward controls, brakes etc. Just about road ready but it will still need paint. Think I am gonna replace the fenders with some chopper style and definitely getting a tall sissy bar. Anyway have learned a lot here so far, so I thought I would say Thanks for the help!
Welcome here. Hang around, learn some, talk some. Good luck with your bike:) Ride safe.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Welcome to the forum Junkmn. If you like working on bikes, there is some good ones for a few bucks and a lot of work. Aussielad is restoring a 650 his self. I think the PO did most of it for him:D You got any before and after photos?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Welcome to the forum Junkmn. If you like working on bikes, there is some good ones for a few bucks and a lot of work. Aussielad is restoring a 650 his self. I think the PO did most of it for him:D You got any before and after photos?
Don't listen to him Junkmn, this is Farmalldanzil's last restoration project, and this is the AFTER photo. He reckons it looked terrible before that.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Welcome Junkman. As you can tell already, we have a few wild and crazy folks here who like to have fun....but at the same time there is a ton of information to be gathered from them. I have a 2000 1100 Classic myself but I'm also working on restoring an 84 Honda Shadow 750. Can't wait to see some before pics - take care and ride safe!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi JunkMN
Hope you enjoy your time on here with us but a word of warning to you, you do need to watch what you type some times :eek:

·
Registered
35 Posts
remember IDLE hands are the Devils Helper! No better way to know your wheels than to wrench on it.:)
Welcome to the forum.:) Lots of us new ones around here. Must be spring, somewhere in the USA. Not West. NY.:mad:
Ride Often, Ride Safe but just Ride.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts