Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
13,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
thanks for letting us know. some might make the same decision to not read it, but decide not to post about their decision. i see you went a slightly different route.

the bandidos are prevalent in my neck of the woods. you see 1 or 2 occasionally and it's a mixture of curious/jarring/uneasiness. i've been tempted to strike up a conversation with one because it's kind of like a celebrity sighting, but then remember that they are mostly known because they're criminals.

·
Registered
451 Posts
gangland has a few neat episodes on biker gangs, hells angels,mongols, and like 3 others. Not really a lot i would mind talking to besides the fact most of them are involved in motorcycle theft.

·
Registered
821 Posts
When I was a kid in the 60's my freinds and I had a bicycle gang called "The Sidewalk Sparrows"

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
When I was a kid in the 60's my freinds and I had a bicycle gang called "The Sidewalk Sparrows"
Ha ha:)Yeah, we used to have a nasty little group called "Cool Breeze":D
But more serious, there was(maybe still?) an outfit called the"Cloven Hooves", don't know nothin here, just heard they were a group somewhere in the area.

·
Registered
778 Posts
We have outlaws mostly around here.

·
Registered
96 Posts
My first job was working at a Pizza Hut in Des Moines, Ia. The SOS owned the joint and my job description grew...lol

Now I live in East Texas and more than a few of my neighbors are Cossacks...which I believe to be under the Bandidos.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
My old group of neighborhood kids did not have a name per se, but I'm sure the neighborhood elderly had some very "choice" names for us. LOL! Especially after all the other kids up-graded to mini-bikes after I got mine. My first mod was adding a straight pipe after I figured out the ehaust port was a pipe thread LOL!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Pagans are most noticable in my area.

·
Registered
923 Posts
You also have to be aware of these OMG (Outlaw Motorcycle Gang) support clubs. While quite a few people are aware of the clubs in this list they probably aren't aware of their support clubs.

The Support Clubs have been "allowed" by the OMG to exist, usually started by the OMG. They usually have names that are related in some small or large way to the club they support.

I have read quite a bit on the subject and found that their are some OMG's out there with as many as 10 different support clubs.

Finally, you will find that an OMG in the U.S. will have chapters located in different countries that have a different name than the U.S. clubs.

So, it's important to know who the local "in-power" OMG's are, but it's just important to know who the support clubs are. For the most part, just because a person is in an OMG does not mean that person is a criminal or that they take part in any criminal activity. Most bikers, in a motorcycle club or not, just want to ride and have fun.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Here are two good links to check out as well when doing research on Motorcycle Clubs, which are outlaw and which are not.

http://www.arn1e.co.uk/motorcycle-clubs/colours.html

and

http://alphabiker.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=16&layout=blog&Itemid=37

The second site has links to a ton of motorcycle clubs and breaks them down into their focus area, i.e. LEO, 1%, Church, etc.

The first has PAGES of pictures of different motorcycle club colors.

If you are interested in just talking to anyone in a club, especially a 1% club, I would recommend learning MC etiquette and rules. A big one is don't approach a member of a 1% club and touch their vest, i.e. putting your hand on their shoulder when you walk up. They take their colors and their "cut" very serious and touching it is a sign of disrespect. Some of these bikers will feel they have to show their brothers how they handle this disrespect.

With that being said, respect is a huge word in the motorcycle club world, be it a 1% world or a LEO world.

I hope I've been able to shed a little light on what I've learned through my research. Bikers are all pretty much the same. If you are interested in learning more about them just ask.

Ride safe folks and keep the rubber side down!

·
Administrator
13,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For the most part, just because a person is in an OMG does not mean that person is a criminal or that they take part in any criminal activity. Most bikers, in a motorcycle club or not, just want to ride and have fun.
i think that's putting it a bit mildly. this isn't just a club; it's a gang. this gang, like the other top motorcycle gangs in the states, is listed as an organized crime syndicate by agencies such as the ATF and FBI. their last president is currently serving life sentences for multiple murders. there is a long history of their criminal activities. maybe joining doesn't automatically make you a criminal, but it's more than likely that you have some sort of a criminal past if you want to join and they are accepting you and you certainly want to embrace their criminal and/or rebellious lifestyle. and if you're joining a criminal syndicate, then it's not because of their charitable contributions to the community and because you "just want to ride and have fun." otherwise, you wouldn't be joining a gang.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts