Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone on this forum has installed the chrome Kuryakyn axle adjuster covers on their Yamaha Raider. I like the little bit of chrome extra but a little leery of self sticky accessories. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I've checked for reviews but didn't find many.

Thanks, Mak

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have one on the left side of my raider. I still have stock exhaust (for the wife, she does not like loud bikes) so no need for one on right side. The access cover bolt goes through to a special nut on the back side,that is really what keeps it in place. The adhesive is on the long tapered portion, i have not had any problems with mine coming loose so far.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying so quick! I'm kind of looking at the shorter version, without the long tail. When the cover is removed, does it give complete access to the adjuster bolt and nut do you know? I have Cobra swept pipes and I know it was quite a tight squeeze to get a wrench on the adjuster. I guess my question is, is the accessible opening the exact same size as before the cover was installed? By the way, I love the sound of the pipes and my wife rides with me all the time. Sound doesn't seem to bother either of us. Go for it! You only live once. (ha ha)

Thanks again, Mak

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for asking, it gave me an excuse to take the cover off and open the tool box! Yes there is plenty of room to access the adjuster screws. One problem though, i have to visually line up the nut on the back side of the swing arm to install the cover bolt. If you can't look through the hole it may be hard to get the button head bolt started. Some people are a lot better at it than i am, I don't have the dexterity i used to.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
axle covers

Thanks again. I just wanted to know before I bought them. It's kind of a lot of money to spend if they will get all scratched up trying to adjust the belt. I watched the mechanic at the shop where I bought the bike adjust the belt when I had the pipes installed and they had to bend a wrench in order to get to the lock nut on the adjuster without having to remove the exhaust. It might be the kind of thing I will just take it in for but I don't want them to scratch the cover all up. I really appreciate the response. This forum is nice for questions like that !
Happy riding this summer. I live in Illinois and it seems like the never ending winter this year. Getting warmer finally. It won't be long now!!!
Drive safe.

Thanks again, Mak

1 - 5 of 5 Posts