Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
I merged the threads since one had a response. Are you still experiencing the lag Nick? and what are you using to access the site the phone app or a computer?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Using the "Help Desk" section might be a better spot for this thread but we'll see what happens here. There is one weird thing I have happening that started recently which is sometimes the pictures of the BOM threads are showing and sometimes they don't, sometimes I hit "refresh" and they appear, sometimes "refresh" doesn't help at all.
+1 on the BOM pictures. I have the same problem; sometimes they all load and sometimes only a few.

·
Administrator
13,690 Posts
sometimes the pictures in some threads that are photo-heavy do take a while to load everything. i'm running aurora which is developed by firefox. i have 8GB ram and a 3Ghz AMD processor so it's not a performance issue on my part. i'm not currently getting any packet loss to the site.

Ping statistics for 67.228.151.138:
Packets: Sent = 49, Received = 49, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 30ms, Maximum = 479ms, Average = 206ms

for those posting in here with similar issues, be sure to try closing/reopening your browser and using a different browser to see if issue persists and include in your post which browser(s) you're using.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I merged the threads since one had a response. Are you still experiencing the lag Nick? and what are you using to access the site the phone app or a computer?
I have a one month old desktop,windows 8 ie10 I think not amd the other one. when I click between posts the screen goes white and I wait between 7 and 10 seconds till the post pops up.also have trouble clicking thumbnails but I have that problem on other forums.i've tried chrome and the lag is about 5 seconds.but then it doesent go white it loads 1-2-3 post. it brings up the ads first.same thing with firefox. I belong to other forums and they are fine.

·
Administrator
373 Posts
Have your cleared your cookies/cache as the Google Adsense that are enabled on the forum is cookie based which can sometimes slow down the page load?

Regards,

MD

·
Registered
61 Posts
painfully slow site

I have been active on this site for only a few weeks but it is the slowest site I have ever encountered. My bookmark is www.starbikeforums.com/forums/index.php. When I access it I go through at least one and sometimes 2 or 3 screens with a "redirecting" message. Then when it finally takes my login and password I wait for up to a minute just for the first screen to load. What's the deal?
And no it's not on my end, all other internet usage is normal.:confused:

·
Administrator
13,690 Posts
try clearing cache, cookies, history, then restart your browser and see if it still has the same issues. which browser are you using? do you have any other programs running at the same time? at what time are you typically trying to access the site? do you have any similar issues with any other sites? do you have any proxies or firewalls running that could be causing a conflict? also, try a different browser.

Reply from 75.126.50.203: bytes=1000 time=476ms TTL=49
Reply from 75.126.50.203: bytes=1000 time=170ms TTL=49
Reply from 75.126.50.203: bytes=1000 time=48ms TTL=49
Reply from 75.126.50.203: bytes=1000 time=65ms TTL=49
Reply from 75.126.50.203: bytes=1000 time=243ms TTL=49

Ping statistics for 75.126.50.203:
Packets: Sent = 70, Received = 70, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 38ms, Maximum = 557ms, Average = 190ms

site looks OK right now

·
Administrator
13,690 Posts
i would advise hiding your IE browser icon in a deep dark place. put it in a chest with a key lock and then throw away the key. then drive that chest to a remote part of the desert and bury it 10 feet deep. then you might be safe from using IE again.

·
Registered
810 Posts
i would advise hiding your IE browser icon in a deep dark place. put it in a chest with a key lock and then throw away the key. then drive that chest to a remote part of the desert and bury it 10 feet deep. then you might be safe from using IE again.
Or you could switch to Linux and forget about having issues at all. Seriously. Have a look at Ubuntu Linux. I switched several years ago and rarely have a hiccup.

And yes Bevo is right.......bury IE very deep!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
867 Posts

·
Administrator
373 Posts
Are you still finding that the forum is running very slow today? Yesterday we were having a network wide issue. Our servers were being flooded with information and our service provider cut of our service. Everything is back up and running now so you shouldn't have an issue with the forum being down today.

- dm, community support

1 - 20 of 21 Posts