Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad laid my bike turning too sharp in the grass, luckily he is ok. The bike is in good shape for being laid down going about 15mph. The grass was wet, there isn't a scratch on the bike or exhaust. But the the handle bar may be bent.

I don't know if it is the handle bar or the clamp that holds the handle bar on. The clamp seems to be pushed back slightly. The bike still rides fine, the handle bars are just crooked.

Is there a way to fix this?

Sorry if i did a terrible job at describing this, it's my first post :eek: I can get pictures as well

Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just replaced my bars and risers with a drag "T-bar" set up, so if you are in need I can make you a good deal on a bar, riser and end weights.

I even have the stock grips that I removed and are in prefect shape.

BTW the "Clamp" part that holds the handlebars on is called the riser. You can replace the riser they normally come as a set and I don't currently know what a replacement from Yamaha costs.

·
Registered
36 Posts
A place called Stadium Yamaha (.com) lists everything OEM.

Bars: 111.98
Grip ends (bar weights): 14.93 x2
Screw caps: 2.79 x2
Lower Riser: 45.08 x2
Upper riser: 46.82 x2
Riser bolts: 1.05 x4
Riser bolt caps: 1.05 x4
Left Grip: 16.93
Right grip assy: 37.69

The (x2) is the number of items you get for the price, not the amount per item.

good luck

·
Registered
57 Posts
My dad laid my bike turning too sharp in the grass, luckily he is ok. The bike is in good shape for being laid down going about 15mph. The grass was wet, there isn't a scratch on the bike or exhaust. But the the handle bar may be bent.

I don't know if it is the handle bar or the clamp that holds the handle bar on. The clamp seems to be pushed back slightly. The bike still rides fine, the handle bars are just crooked.

Is there a way to fix this?

Sorry if i did a terrible job at describing this, it's my first post :eek: I can get pictures as well

Any help would be appreciated
If your bike comes with a triple beam fork, then the first thing to do is to have the alignment checked. Then you can go about replacing bars and anything else that is bent.

my bike got pushed over in a parking lot, the bars were bent, but also, the triple beam fork mounts were also knocked out of alignment.
a simple knock over can get very expensive.

Dennis

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the replies,

My riser seems to be bent back slightly, I'll get some pictures up soon.

The bike is a 08 650. How would I go about checking the alignment?

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
57 Posts
To get the alignment checked you will have to get a dealership to check it out for you since it requires special equipment.

Dennis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts