Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I found a screw in my front tire yesterday and so it's time to buy new tires. Has anyone put a wider tire on the rear of a Road Star? Will the belt drive, fender or swing arm allow a slightly wider tire?

·
Registered
458 Posts
i'm sure most stock fenders on any V star model will accommodate a larger tire by 10mm or 20mm. i see nothing on the road star that would prohibit such increase
I get his opinion but this isn't true with the roadie at all. The subframe under the fender is the problem. Hell my 1100 fender is actually 1.5 inches wider than the roadstar fender. Hence the 170 on the 1100 stock.

You can do a fender swap and easily put a bigger tire on but I am sure it wouldn't hold a passenger for jack. There are several kits out there and a few write ups on how to trim the subframe to fit a bigger tire. The other problem is the brake stay stick out as well it needs to be ground down.

Trust me I was a little upset at the fact I have this big motor and a 150 out back is about as big as I can go without dropping some serious coin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts