Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Leather/Vinyl lowers for the engine guard

783 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Deeksvstarclassic 
#1 ·
Who's running them in the winter? What are you running, and are they effective? The only ones I can find that allegedly fit my 950 are the Hopnel ones which are $120 at J&P. Any thoughts?

I'd love to see pics on your bike if you have one as well. Thanks and ride safe.

See less See more
#4 ·
OH! Lord forgive me, I thought it was something you wrapped around the cylinders to keep them from the extra-cold air. SMH. I should have looked into them to see what they were. (The storage pouches had me really worried.:oops: o_O) My commute is just at 10 miles through the city. A good jacket and heated gloves does wonders. Below 20, I put my rain pants over my Dockers. I've always preferred putting up with cold over heat. I hate sweating.
Doh! Engine Guard. I think I quit reading at Engine...

#5 ·
I have used some in the past on below let's say 40 F. Definitely helps but I seldom ride anymore when the temps get that below. My 52 year old body just doesn't work like it used too!

Also, if you forget and leave these on when it warms up, your roasting legs will remind you.

No way I would pay that sort of money for them...mine are a generic type purchased on Ebay (?) at least 10 years ago. They still work but no storage pockets on mine either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.