Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
8,646 Posts
I goggled the seller and shows it's an introduction price, so doubt if any reviews have been done. Looks cool. Shipment to be 8th week of 2020. At $399, definitely not cheap.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
8,646 Posts
Definitely post results, I really like the look.

·
Registered
197 Posts
--

Do your bikes take the standard 7" round light? If so, then one like the one I have linked is a lot less than $399.

I use the Truck-Lite Phase 7 on my Road Stars and like them a lot over stock. There may be some with better patterns made these days, but several years ago they were as good as any and a lot less expensive. For one thing, I rarely ride at nights so I don't need to have the very best made for that purpose. A light that is just much, much better than the stock halogen is fine.

--

·
Registered
279 Posts
--

Do your bikes take the standard 7" round light? If so, then one like the one I have linked is a lot less than $399.

I use the Truck-Lite Phase 7 on my Road Stars and like them a lot over stock. There may be some with better patterns made these days, but several years ago they were as good as any and a lot less expensive. For one thing, I rarely ride at nights so I don't need to have the very best made for that purpose. A light that is just much, much better than the stock halogen is fine.

--
I second the Truck-Lite light. I replaced my factory headlight with one of those in the fall of 2018. Since it's on my commuter bike, I'm riding in the dark for the morning commute from late fall to early spring. That light it as awesome. It's got an amazing concentrated 'hot spot' with a less intense 'fan-out'. Every now and then, I'll get someone 'flash' their brights at me if they're coming toward me and I'm leaning in a right-hand turn - since the left side of the light is elevated but, there's not much I can do about that.

·
Registered
279 Posts
The website says they're still taking orders on the intro price (through 29 Feb) and they should ship starting week 15 - which I make to be sometime in April? Maybe late March? So, I wouldn't expect to see a review soon. Now that I've looked again, I have a few hours to decide whether to spend some of my tax return here.
Edit: Oh, h###. Couldn't help myself. Ordered.

·
Registered
Yamaha XV 1900 Midnight Star
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am stiil waiting for the headlight to be shipped. It was delayed because corona virus. But I got an email that they will ship it in april so I hope it will come this month...

·
Registered
279 Posts
PaloXV1900: I was really hoping for shots showing the OEM and LED lights shining against a wall for comparison. It does look good, though! Can I ask: What LED lights did you get for the Passing Lighs in the light bar? Is that the Yamaha Light Bar, or aftermarket? Mine is still stuck at "Clearance in Progress". I assume that means US Customs. Been there for a week now. :confused: Don't know when I'm going to get it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have to replace auxiliary light switch because old one was bad, but now it is working properly ?

And now I have to figure out if auxiliary lights are properly oriented or I have to rotate them because lettering on them is upside down but the light seems to be good. Can someone help how they need to be fitted ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
PaloXV1900: I was really hoping for shots showing the OEM and LED lights shining against a wall for comparison. It does look good, though! Can I ask: What LED lights did you get for the Passing Lighs in the light bar? Is that the Yamaha Light Bar, or aftermarket? Mine is still stuck at "Clearance in Progress". I assume that means US Customs. Been there for a week now. :confused: Don't know when I'm going to get it.
I dont have old lights shining at wall picture. Try asking company who sells them for the comparision. But I can tell you that the light output is way much stronger than old lights it literally makes night a day ?
I dont know if my light bar is oem or aftermarket I bought the bike with it already.
I ordered passing led lights from the same company I ordered headlight. It was under the lights tab for xv1900 but I have to do some soldering to install them and make them work but they fit in the housing no problem ?

·
Registered
279 Posts
I dont have old lights shining at wall picture. Try asking company who sells them for the comparision. But I can tell you that the light output is way much stronger than old lights it literally makes night a day ?
I dont know if my light bar is oem or aftermarket I bought the bike with it already.
I ordered passing led lights from the same company I ordered headlight. It was under the lights tab for xv1900 but I have to do some soldering to install them and make them work but they fit in the housing no problem ?
Palo,

I'll have to wait until I get home to do a better compare with my lights. They look VERY similar, except for the trim ring. In any event, I was going to ask that company about the passing lights because - if I'm looking at it right - they have 2 of them. Anyway, they do look bright. Thanks for the pics and the answers! Happy riding!

Reactions: PaloXV1900

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got it now. I had to rotate them to shine on the road not to the sky ? I asked the company for the difference between old model and my model of passing lights and I was told that I have the new model made for the new headlight to match the light color. So I am happy now lights are awsame ?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts