Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,354 Posts
I goggled the seller and shows it's an introduction price, so doubt if any reviews have been done. Looks cool. Shipment to be 8th week of 2020. At $399, definitely not cheap.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,354 Posts
Definitely post results, I really like the look.

·
Registered
137 Posts
--

Do your bikes take the standard 7" round light? If so, then one like the one I have linked is a lot less than $399.

I use the Truck-Lite Phase 7 on my Road Stars and like them a lot over stock. There may be some with better patterns made these days, but several years ago they were as good as any and a lot less expensive. For one thing, I rarely ride at nights so I don't need to have the very best made for that purpose. A light that is just much, much better than the stock halogen is fine.

--

·
Registered
115 Posts
--

Do your bikes take the standard 7" round light? If so, then one like the one I have linked is a lot less than $399.

I use the Truck-Lite Phase 7 on my Road Stars and like them a lot over stock. There may be some with better patterns made these days, but several years ago they were as good as any and a lot less expensive. For one thing, I rarely ride at nights so I don't need to have the very best made for that purpose. A light that is just much, much better than the stock halogen is fine.

--
I second the Truck-Lite light. I replaced my factory headlight with one of those in the fall of 2018. Since it's on my commuter bike, I'm riding in the dark for the morning commute from late fall to early spring. That light it as awesome. It's got an amazing concentrated 'hot spot' with a less intense 'fan-out'. Every now and then, I'll get someone 'flash' their brights at me if they're coming toward me and I'm leaning in a right-hand turn - since the left side of the light is elevated but, there's not much I can do about that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts