Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
--
I use the Truck Lite on two Road Stars and think they're great. They have the LEDs positioned in their own housing so the light is mostly where it should be as opposed to the bulb only installs using the existing housing.
--

·
Registered
282 Posts
Anyone else out there got an experience w/Full Brite? It seems to me that the jury is still out regarding their LED lights for Strats & Roadies
I've got both the Statoliner Headlight and the LED Passing Lights from Full Blast.
I like the passing lights - no question. The headlight, on the other hand...
I worked with them over the course of a month because I thought it pointed too low to be effective. They finally ended up sending me a replacement. It still aims too low.
Note: the Full Blast headlight is a replacement for the entire assembly inside the bucket. You lose the ability to re-aim the beam other than by moving the entire bucket!
I finally got it pointing high enough by putting a stack of about 8 to 10 washers (about 0.6") between the outside of the bucket and the frame, under the bottom center mounting bolt. But I still don't think I like it. I don't ride late enough during this season to know if I'm going to keep it.
If you only want it for its looks and improved visibility, it's OK. For night driving, the jury is still out here. I may be offering it for sale later and just going with an LED bulb replacement in the stock (and aimable) reflector.
That's my mini-review of the Full Blast Headlight for the Stratoliner.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Weezbuns

·
Registered
55 Posts
I dont have old lights shining at wall picture. Try asking company who sells them for the comparision. But I can tell you that the light output is way much stronger than old lights it literally makes night a day ?
I dont know if my light bar is oem or aftermarket I bought the bike with it already.
I ordered passing led lights from the same company I ordered headlight. It was under the lights tab for xv1900 but I have to do some soldering to install them and make them work but they fit in the housing no problem ?
PaloXV1900, the website says that the lights are a plug-and-play easy installation. Why did you have to solder?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Dan, I copied the below information from the Full Blast website.
Here is the link: https://www.fullblast.dk/yamaha-eng
  • YAMAHA with 7" headlight
  • XVS Drag Star Classic 2000-2008
  • XVS V-Star Silverado 2003-2011
  • XVS V-Star Classic 2000-2016
  • XVS Drag Star Silverado 2005-2013
  • XV Road Star / Silverado 1999-2003
  • XV 1700AS Road Star 2004-2015
  • XV Wild Star 1999-2003
  • XV Midnight Star 1999-2003
  • REMEMBER THIS:
  • If you choose headlight 7005 with adaptive curve sensor, you need in addition to the headlight, the Yamaha installation kit - FBI750
  • For all other 7" headlights you don't need any add ons.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts