Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
can anyone share some input on the subject ... i rode my bike for the first time last night, out in the county and it was real dark no moon lots of cloud coverage ... the stock headlight is horrible .. yes it is aimed properly but the light is a yellowish colour and not very bright at all ... been reading a lot and cant come up with a solid decision 2003 v star 650

so led or hid? and brands recommend

·
Super Moderator
13,043 Posts
LED. HID will be brighter, but you need to get a projector with it and that can be a real PITA to install. check out DDM Tuning's and cystomdynamics' sites for some ideas. the OPT7 LED headlight has received tons of great reviews on amazon and other forums.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I bought a H4 LED bulb and installed it in my OEM 7" housing. Better but not great. If you have a Classic with a 7" headlight, I'd suggest looking at one of those Daymaker style replacement projector LED lights/housing. They are getting good reviews.

·
Registered
153 Posts
hope it turns out good for you. i'm skeptical of anything that is about 1/3 the price of most of the competition.
Yes, please let us know. No doubt it will be brighter but I am interested in "down the road" illumination. IMHO, the OEM reflector does not provide a good beam pattern. If these new projector LED replacements provide a good pattern both low beam and especially high beam, I'll be making this change as my next mod.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
well its on the bike and has amazing light pattern, crazy distance, visibility is unreal ...makes the street signs glow .... i love it .. best 80 bucks i have ever spent

pics do it no justice ill try and get a shot out in the county where its good an dark

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts