Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Great forum.

I grew up riding bikes in the 70s and last rode in the early 80s. Haven't rode a bike since....until last Saturday.

I bought a mint condition 2005 VStar 1100 Silverado from a guy on Craigslist. Great guy and great bike! I was a little nervous taking it for a test drive since it has been about 30 years since I last rode but it all came back.

I drove it home (40+ miles) and parked it since I didn't have insurance nor title in my name. Those two issues have since been resolved. It's in the low 90s today and after work, I'll be hitting the road.

I love the look of the bike...kind of retro. I was surpised how long it is...trying to figure out where to park it in my garage since it will be sharing the space with my woodworking tools.

I plan on riding mostly back roads...don't see myself running the interstates much.

Thanks for reading my post.

NewfGuy

·
Registered
340 Posts
Welcome back. I took a 25 year vacation and got back on a couple years ago.
Enjoy your bike and ride safe!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum Newf. I gotta ask, what part if Newfoundland you from? I took a 30 ish year break also and came back to a nice 2005 1100 silverado. Post some pics of your permagrin machine.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.
Well, I'm not from Newfoundland, although my 145lb dog (Newfie) is. Thus NewfGuy. I live in the Carolinas.

I hope to get some pics posted in the next couple of days.

·
Super Moderator
6,086 Posts
Hi and welcome back to the world of be biking. Great isn't it? All we need now is some pics of your ride. Where in the Carolinas you hail from? Ride safe and post often!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts