Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's a good guy, former crotch rocket now dirt bike rider. I've been trying to get him to get a street bike again so we could ride together. He has his endorsement.

Holy shizz! First thing he does is roll the throttle before hitting the ignition. She starts up with a nice back fire. Then he starts goosing the throttle - I don't know whether to laugh or tell him to get the fizz off my bike at this point. I swallow hard and remind him the bike is FI and no need to goose it. We ride, and it was a good time, but he still goosed it at stop signs and red lights. I cringed every time he did it.

I know habits are hard to break and it didn't hurt the bike but dayum, I think having a buddy bike might suck after all. LOL

·
Registered
417 Posts
Sort of like allowing your neighbor to borrow your wife, your dog, your gun or your truck and then complaining about how he treats them! LOL

There are just some things I don't loan.......

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I have commented on it here before, but what is it about a crotch rocket that make you feel the need to constantly twist on the throttle. Your right that it won't hurt the bike but you are also right that it's annoying as hell.
Just yesterday I pulled up to a gas pump and there was one parked at the next pump. He fired up to leave and if he didn't twist it 10 times before the bike ever moved he didn't twist it once. :eek:
I just don't understand it.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have commented on it here before, but what is it about a crotch rocket that make you feel the need to constantly twist on the throttle. Your right that it won't hurt the bike but you are also right that it's annoying as hell.
Just yesterday I pulled up to a gas pump and there was one parked at the next pump. He fired up to leave and if he didn't twist it 10 times before the bike ever moved he didn't twist it once. :eek:
I just don't understand it.
I assumed it was a dirt bike thing but now that you mention it, I've witnessed the scenario you describe with sport bike riders. I don't get it either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts