Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the most silly thing you've done on your bike? Or the most fun thing? Maybe something you participate in that was fun? If you did something on your bike that you are proud of post that. Let's have some fun with this. I'll start, here me last Easter, very silly and fun!

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
The most fun thing? Cant comment on that or post photos without being kicked off the forum :^)

The most fun thing Ive done on a motorcycle that I can talk about here, has to be jumping my 1978 IT175 thru the air. That was 40 years ago.

I use to hit a 10 ft high berm at 45mph, that bike would just soar.

·
Super Moderator
5,998 Posts
Umm....most fun thing...well I’m generally very careful and follow all the rules, etc, etc, but last year I had the chance to take my granddaughter Madyson on her first ‘grownup’ motorcycle ride. I had a spare helmet that fit her perfectly and I explained the ‘passenger rules’ before we left about leaning and looking around me and not at the back of my head, lol. My grandkids couldn’t pronounce their R’s as babies so ‘Gampa’ stuck and they still call me that today. Our ride together was magical and bonding. She later told my daughter, her mother, that when she turns 16 she wants a motorcycle instead of a car so we can go riding together! That’s Gampa’s girl! IMG_3980.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keith, that's cool. Spending quality time with the grsndkids. She sure does have a big grin on her face. Can't see your grin but I'm sure it's there.

·
Super Moderator
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
KCW, sounds like fun. But how many "crash and burns" till you could do it consistently?

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
I never dropped or crashed my IT175.

I saw the helmet of a kid on an XR75 disappear under the front wheel of my bike just as I cleared the lip of a jump once. He was riding across the top of the ridge perpendicular to my path.

Didnt hit him, didnt see him after I landed about 50 feet away either.

·
Super Moderator
5,998 Posts
Thanks Les! Oh yeah my grin was definitely there. I’ll be seeing them over the Thanksgiving holiday and the weather appears to be cooperating, soooi I think Gampa and Madyson just may sneak in another holiday ride! Lol.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Umm....most fun thing...well I’m generally very careful and follow all the rules, etc, etc, but last year I had the chance to take my granddaughter Madyson on her first ‘grownup’ motorcycle ride. I had a spare helmet that fit her perfectly and I explained the ‘passenger rules’ before we left about leaning and looking around me and not at the back of my head, lol. My grandkids couldn’t pronounce their R’s as babies so ‘Gampa’ stuck and they still call me that today. Our ride together was magical and bonding. She later told my daughter, her mother, that when she turns 16 she wants a motorcycle instead of a car so we can go riding together! That’s Gampa’s girl! View attachment 82770

That smile on her face just warms my heart. That is so awesome. It's funny when I got my bike about 12 years ago I thought my most cherished memories would be of the great road trips taken but it turns out that my two favorite ones are the first time I took my older daughter on her first ride and the second memory was when my grandson got his first electric motorcycle at the age of 3 and he raced me on my bike. He was on the sidewalk and I beside him on the road as we barreled down the street at 3 mph. He's 5 now and asking for a new motorcycle for Christmas so he can race me again. Apparently one of his favorite memories too!

Now having said that my third favorite is meeting all you guys in North Carolina. Looking to make a fourth favorite memory soon.

·
Super Moderator
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This was from 2015 with one of my grandsons. It was his first long ride. I had taken him around the block a time or two but not a real ride. I had told him when he was big enough to wear my jacket we would go. He was 12 at the time and even though the jacket was a little big it worked. See I told I'm small 😃, or maybe he's just big. We ended up riding over 100 miles that day. I wanted him to take helmet off for picture but he wanted to leave it on, he thought he was cool.

·
Super Moderator
5,998 Posts
Thanks BK, I love that smile on her face, she’s a bundle of joy and keeps me on my toes!
Great pic Les! I truly believe these memories we leave with them will last a lifetime. One of my main goals in life is to teach my grandkids about the gifts the outdoors brings to us and riding for me helps to appreciate that. My daughter and grandkids arrived mid-afternoon today for Thanksgiving and my daughter brought a helmet and motorcycle jacket and gloves in hopes dear old dad will take her riding like I did Madyson in my previous picture, lol.

·
Super Moderator
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Keith, hope the weather is good enough for a new memory.

·
Super Moderator
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A few years ago a friend road from California to North Carolina to raise money and awareness to the Wounded Warrior project. I road with him for about a hundred miles. It was a good ride for a good cause.

·
Super Moderator
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Last summer the catalytic convertor on my blazer was totally plug and it wouldn't accelerate over 35 MPH. I bought one and strapped to bike to take home. It's not the biggest thing I've hauled on the bike but only picture of hauling a large item.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I don't have pics but a couple of weeks ago I had two full cow hides and two deer skins strapped to my 650 to take home, flesh and begin tanning. At least I had the skins fur-side out... it would have looked horrible to ride down the street with a huge wad of flesh and fat on the back.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Young and dumb. My first wife and I had our first date riding to Santa Cruz on a Z!R1000. That was fun. Less than a year later we got pulled over by a CHP and he looks at me, and then at my now wife, and says, "tell me that is not a baby bump." I was too young to be ashamed. we just thought we'd live forever. Thankfully that bump is now 33 and 6'5".

·
Registered
930 Posts
Young and dumb. My first wife and I had our first date riding to Santa Cruz on a Z!R1000. That was fun. Less than a year later we got pulled over by a CHP and he looks at me, and then at my now wife, and says, "tell me that is not a baby bump." I was too young to be ashamed. we just thought we'd live forever. Thankfully that bump is now 33 and 6'5".
First wives... usually happen because we're young & dumb.

Ride Smart! Ride Often!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts