Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting to the final stages of my deal with the dealership. I have seen several deals better than the one they are offering ,but I wanted to post this for other opinions and experiences.

What is the best deal you seen for OTD with a 3 year extended warranty?

The economy is in the tank and no one is buying bikes. If you got a good deal please let me know. I will be putting pen to paper in the next 10 days or so. Looks like the negotiating power is with me but I want to be fair as well.

Thank you so much for your help and advice.:cool:

·
Registered
178 Posts
my dealer financed thru "rip off" high rate companies.

his rate was 18%

my bank was 6%

i got my VERY best price, then i walked out.

and i called a few other places, and the original dealer called me back.

i told him $300 less than the best price i had gotten anywhere else, and he got within $200 of that number.

so I got out the door for ~several hundred UNDER MSRP...but got NOTHING else,

by the time i added tax in, i was almost back to MSRP.

extended warranties are Cash Cows - put your money in a savings account or money market CD.

if you can walk - you can win, if you can't walk, and you HAVE to have it today, you lose.

in other words, at the 7 day point, i would go in and haggle, and walk out,
then go back at 10 day point, and sees whats up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Being new model dealers won't knock much off MSRP. Got mine for just a few hundered under that price OTD also. Couple other dealers wouldn't even haggle with the 950 being a new model and such. Closer to riding season, less they deal has been my experience.

·
Administrator
15,314 Posts
i had 3 dealerships pitted against each other last month, and i guess some of the factors that come into play is: 1)size of the dealership, 2)time of year, 3)location of the dealership, 4)if the bike is on the floor or not in yet, 5)state taxes, 6)buyer's strategy

i had the dealership pulling my bike off the truck and assembling it as i was headed over there. so tax, title, freight and prep, etc. plus the bike was an OTD price a couple hundred over MSRP for me.

·
Registered
162 Posts
The economy is in the tank and no one is buying bikes. If you got a good deal please let me know. I will be putting pen to paper in the next 10 days or so. Looks like the negotiating power is with me but I want to be fair as well.

Thank you so much for your help and advice.:cool:
You're correct, the economy is in the tank and like it was stated on this thread the 950 is a new bike but you still can negotiate a good deal. My dealer has two 950 T and two 950 classics, so far they sold one, and I bought it. They thought that it would sell like the proverbial hotcakes but they seem to have problems getting financing for just about all that wanted to buy a 950. People have bad credit and the banks are not willing to lend money on a risk.
So I'd say that if you have decent credit, you can it "on the road" including tax & tags for MSRP. Don't pay for "prep", the factory pays the dealer to set-up and prep that bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts