Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I am wanting to build my V star 650 into a kinda custom bike, I have always like custom bikes with WIDE rear tires but my pocket can't afford them :eek:

what are the pro's and con's to going to a 18" over the 15" stock and what is the widest tire these bikes can take.

I talked to a guy today about widening a spare swing arm I have

Ron

·
Administrator
13,683 Posts
i don't have any personal experience, but it would seem that going to a significantly larger front wheel would add some slight difficulty in turning or steering. along with the additional weight, you're changing the center of gravity and other physics stuff. i'm sure it's just a 'getting used to it' kind of deal.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i don't have any personal experience, but it would seem that going to a significantly larger front wheel would add some slight difficulty in turning or steering. along with the additional weight, you're changing the center of gravity and other physics stuff. i'm sure it's just a 'getting used to it' kind of deal.
I am not changing the front tire size, just the rear

Ron

·
Registered
44 Posts
I know some people here have put a 200mm on the stock back rim with no issues. There's a thread or two floating around here about it.

I like the fat tire look too and that's what I plan on doing with mine when replacement time comes around.

If your planning on doing anything larger than that your probably lookin at some nice fabrication & custom work.

Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts