Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 1100 classic

One of the passing light, turn signals has come loose on my front light bar. I can not seem to get it to tighten up, is there some trick to it I'm missing before I pop off the headlight and light bar to take a look at it?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Post up a pic. But if it's like mine you just need to tighten up the through bolt at the base of the light where it attaches to the bar. If it's the driving light then tighten up the big nut.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Ditto on what corsair said. I have had the same issue. It takes some technique and trial and error to get it tight and pointed in the right direction but just be patient.
What's really annoying with these lights is, although I can hardly twist the light by hand, every time I ride a couple hours one of them has rotated around about 20degrees. :mad:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This one is completely loose now, the light just spins freely, and turn signal would except for the wires.

Thanks for the info guys, I'll try to get it apart when I get home from work.

·
Registered
164 Posts
its a dumb design relying on what little friction on convex surfaces. just screams to not hold in place. what I did was get some nylon bushings that fit over the turn signal threads that took up all of the play and made it much more rigid. was very tight in the hole, but it never worked loose

1 - 7 of 7 Posts