Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,637 Posts
It's a H3 bulb. You can get them in 55 watt and 100 watt. Normally used in driving light. Be careful using 100 watt, generates lots of heat and can melt reflector or lenses.

·
Super Moderator
4,637 Posts
Is this the bulb out of your driving lights on your bike? If so I bet you light up the road at night. That's like having two additional headlights.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
$5.49 ?

that cant be a high intensity bulb like a Sylvania Silverstar. It looks like a chinese knockoff that was dipped in blue plastic.

·
Super Moderator
4,637 Posts
Blazer is an off road lighting company. The bulbs are pretty vibration proof. I've used them in the past on motorcycles with good results. The blazer is made in Korea and most Sylvania are made in China. If you look at country of orgin it can get interesting where many products come from. I think it's more about the company's quality control and not the country where it's made. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
yeah, if its an american company with manufacturing in china, they hold the factory to high standards and it well designed to begin with.

Im talking about the chinese knockoffs - ie Silvia Sliver Star Extra HD Bright bulb... kinda thing

off road bulbs are made with heavier filaments, so you get less light for a given amount of power. That is the trade off for halogen bulbs, the brighter you push the lamp, the less rugged it as, and the faster it will burn out. For my VS650 riding 5000 miles a year (120 hours), I figure a SilverStar will last about one year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts