Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/yamaha/2012-yamaha-and-star-motorcycles-model-preview-91128.html

About half way down the page, it looks like yamaha decided that the Liners didn't appeal to enough people with what made it unique looking, so they got rid of the strakes on the tank, and the front fender stay. Looking at the pics, I couldn't tell you if the bike on the left is a Star, a Suzuki, or a Kawasaki now. Boooo...Boooo I say!

I'm also not digging any motorcycle color called "seashell". :mad:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I got mine and that's all that matters. I agree, very plain jane looking and GEEZ, no blue paint options? Ta-hell with that!
i agree, i got mine and would'nt trade. i'm old, and conservative as hell, and i think mine is the best looking cruiser made. the strats or absolutely gorgeous bikes.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I love mine. But one of the big reasons that I love it is because it doesn't look like every other "Jap harley clone". Looks like all of us are lucky that we got one of the good ones. :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
I like them they look good I agree though I did like the tank trim on previous models can't wait to see if a deluxe comes out of the SCL dept.. It was anise compliment to Star Motorcycles that they were number 2 in 900cc's and above sales."

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
who are the these people in their market research who complained about the styling being over the top? i thought the styling was what made the bike attractive
I agree. They probably put a focus group together of sportster owners, or 1995 honda cruiser owners or something, and think they've done "market research".

·
Registered
143 Posts
After I brought my Bike home Everyone gives positive comments on the bike. Also can't believe the Price I paid for such a Great Bike... Most of the time the comments are WOW Great looking bike and sooooo much chrome...

·
Registered
127 Posts
who are the these people in their market research who complained about the styling being over the top? i thought the styling was what made the bike attractive
AGREED!! I love it when people walk around and around the bike trying to figure out what it is. Then sheepishly ask, "what kinda bike is this?" The bike is unique and that's what it was all about. Not a cookie cutter clone!!! :) Who does these researches and surveys?:confused: I've never once been asked about anything WORLD WIDE in regard to any research or survey of anything. Makes one think it's all trumped up bs. Kinda like politicians!!:eek:

·
Registered
882 Posts
Yeah, that. I get compliments frequently on my '08 Midnight. Even had a guy come into the diner one time and ask around whose bike was sitting out front just to ask what it was and tell me how great it looked. My HD buddy sitting next to me, a Jap bike hater, was NOT amused. LOL

What the Strat is missing hasn't changed;

Cruise control
larger tank
better suspension front and back

They could also offer a little throatier roar stock.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts