Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm looking for a Rear Shock for my 2002 Vstar 1100 Classic Silverado. I have gone looked in the parts manual and found part#31-SHOCK ABSORBER ASSY, REAR 5KS-22210-21-00. However when I plugged that number into one of the vendor sites, it says that it was not compatible with the Vstar 1100 Silverado. BUT when I typed in Vstar 1100 Classic, it said it would fit. My confusion is I thought the only difference was the 'Bells and Whistles' with the tour package.

Any idea if there is that much of a difference, or is there an flaw in the 'Fitment' Chart?

Any help would be appreciated.

Ride safe.

-DRP222

Attachments

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Silverado package is just bags, backrest, windshield and possibly different paint choices. I'd give the vendor a call.

Edit: I just checked the Bike Bandit site and they don't list different shocks for the Classic and Silverado. The Custom is a different part number (5KS22210-31-00) but they only show one for the Classic. This confirms that the Silverado and Classic are the same bike except for the accessories.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did contact the vendor, wasn't much help. Suggested I check with Partzilla for item number. When I did, it came back with the same number I had. I would pass on this vendor, but they do have the best price that I've found.
Thanks for your reply.

·
Super Moderator
4,450 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Other benifits, is that you can rebuild it, so if it wears out, you can get the spring replaced, service the oil. Not use it till its dead and buy a new one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts