Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Location and Showcase

12K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  Gwroon 
#1 · (Edited)
Each spring there are many riders trying to wake their bike up from a winter nap or new to them rides and are having issues. There's a many here who will share their experience in an attempt to get you safely on the road. A few things that really help us is your location and some bike details. If you fill out your profile with at least your state it gives us an idea if climate has an impact on issue. Also fill out a signature line with bike info, that way we know which year, make and model you have at just a glance. Another great tool is the filling out "My Showcase". If you post several pictures of your bike and a good description it really helps. Being able to see your bike helps a lot. If you have a question please post in the appropriate thread for better exposure from other members to assist you with as much detail as possible, model specific forum works best. The New Members Introduction forum is for us to know you. A brief hello, type of bike, riding experience, etc is great for the introduction. Then you can post issue in appropriate thread. For those who usually post suggestions for repairs did I forget anything?

To fill out "My Showcase"

First click on your avatar:

Then click on "My Showcase":

The next page that loads is where you can list your bike details and pictures:

For signature click aviator

Then click account settings

Click your account

Click your signature

Next screen is where you enter you signature that will be at the bottom of all posts

See less See more
#2 ·
I see a few new garages, thanks. Don't forget to update your signature when any changes are made to your bike.

#4 ·
I like this new thread Les! If you have a pic of your bike when you first join, it’s helpful in several ways. We want to get to know everyone know matter what you ride, and where you’re from. Our forum is divided up in different regions and it helps us to see growth and interests in riding. Just like our upcoming second Southeast Members Rally in September. You don’t have to live in the Southeast to attend, but we have a lot of members in that region, us included, and Nurteaff and several others saw the interest in hosting a rally and we all loved it! We now have extended friendships and love hanging out together. Thanks again for starting this Les, and let’s see where everyone is from and a pic of your garage/workshop area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#13 ·
Nice Blazer, Keith! And compared to my junk collector out back (that started out as a garage) yours looks pretty nice! I can barely turn my bike around in mine!

Not many trucks like that around here unless they've been restored. This part of the world is very hard on vehicles. My 06 Ram needs rockers, doors and probably a new box. Almost every one I see of that age has the same issues. Salt makes the roads passable in winter but it just eats cars.

#17 ·
Thanks NorthernRider! I can only imagine how much damage the salt causes.
Very little surface rust on this Blazer and they’re getting more rare all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can tell you 1st hand how much damage salt can do. Just look at the rockers on my 01 gmc, oh that is right you can't because they aren't there anymore they rusted off.
I can't remember the last time i saw lockout hubs.

#16 ·
I updated how to complete "My Showcase" that used to be "Garage" in the old format and how to complete your "signature" in the first post of this thread. If you have not filled out both, please do. Filling out this info assists with future questions you might have for the forum about your bike. Thanks.

Reactions: Deeksvstarclassic
#21 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.