Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear fellow V-Star riders,

I love my bike, it's my very first, but I cannot possibly be the only person to have ever encountered this problem. I had the pin shear off in one of my original saddlebag locks, after an hour long struggle a friend of mine got it off and apart. Finding a replacement has been a challenge, the best I have come up with thus far is two options. One, I did find amongst my googling that Yamaha offered a replacement kit for roughly $13.00 and Two, buy a completely new lock assembly kit. I opted for option one, however, it is not what I had hoped for, the parts are plastic where mine were metal and the pin on the inside of the lock was different from the original, after a gruesome morning of wrestling with the original lock to get the lock cylinder out of the sleeve to potentially put into the plastic sleeve, I cannot figure out how to put the pin back into the lock cylinder so it stays. I am so very frustrated right now that I am just about ready to give up and buy the new locks for about $80 a piece.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Liz

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind! I have never been this happy to say I figured it out! The lock kit works. Part number 90891-20119-00 KEY CYLINDER KIT. I will say that once I figured out how to get the pin to work to get the key cylinder out everything went smooth. By the way that kit gives the parts for both locks not just the one. I ordered two so now I have a spare. :):cool:

·
Super Moderator
6,420 Posts
Way to go Liz, you didnt give up and figured it out. Welcome to the world of biking! As Corsair said, glad we could help, lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts