Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was going for a ride, my bike started to run weird. Heard a little tick from the exhaust. Got home and the right bolt on the rear exhaust was gone. How the heck? Anyway, does anyone know the size? The left bolt will not fit in the right and its too long. Are they different sizes? 2007 v star 650 classic.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,636 Posts
10mm by 1.25, should be a stud with lock nut. I've used a regular bolt with lock washer before with out any issues. I suggest to use antiseize and don't tighten too tight, easy to strip head.

·
6,636 Posts

·
6,636 Posts
Did the old stud maybe break off in the hole? Can you take something smaller than the bolt, like a nail, and push all the way in? If you can push the nail into to hole then the threads are possible messed up. A good thread chaser can fix that. If you use thread chaser, slow, slow and straight. Go in a little then back out a little, kinda like a back and forth motion. Use WD40 or another lubricant when doing it. Post results of nail test.

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
... How the heck? Anyway, does anyone know the size? ....
sorry about that, I didnt know the right size to replace one missing on my bike, so I uhmmm borrowed yours.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts