Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I’ll tell ya Les, if I didn’t have some installs going on at that time I’d seriously consider the trip. Give me a chance to cross off some more states on my riding patch!
Already rode to Texas before when I lived in San Diego. We used to ride out every year to Kenneth Copeland’s Eagle Mountain Motorcycle Rally.
Really wish my schedule permitted.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I have two sons that live in the Temple / Waco area, north west of Houston about 150 miles. Multiple times a year I make day trips to visit grandchildren. I get up and leave early, 6am, get there by 10, spend day till about 6pm, ride home, back by 10pm. The map below shows a 200 mile radius circle from Galveston. Anyone thinking of coming to the Lone Star Rally can easily ride down, spend most of day at rally and ride home that same day if within this circle. Any takers?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hey, Les,

....would love to do it—and I am close enough it would be pretty easy—but this year is out given my work schedule. Lived in HTown for years, and I loved it there. Actually lived in Galveston about 500 yds from the sea wall in 1999/2000. My feelings about Galveston are way more complex, and less positive. But I haven’t been back since we left and I’d like to see it again, esp on 2 wheels. I’ll try to plan for next year!

·
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hey, Les,

....would love to do it—and I am close enough it would be pretty easy—but this year is out given my work schedule. Lived in HTown for years, and I loved it there. Actually lived in Galveston about 500 yds from the sea wall in 1999/2000. My feelings about Galveston are way more complex, and less positive. But I haven’t been back since we left and I’d like to see it again, esp on 2 wheels. I’ll try to plan for next year!
Thanks for the reply. I've been going for many years now and sure I'll go next year. If something happens and you can go this year, just holler.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Hey, Les,

Thanks for the reply. I've been going for many years now and sure I'll go next year. If something happens and you can go this year, just holler.
Hey Les, is like to offer a suggestion.
I know we’re reaching out to “members” here or their friends, but how about we reach out farther.
Maybe you should put your “group ride” on CycleFish. https://www.cyclefish.com/

It’s a national listing of all motorcycle meetings and events. Maybe we can draw some more people into the forum as well by doing this.
What do ya think?

·
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hey Les, is like to offer a suggestion.
I know we’re reaching out to “members” here or their friends, but how about we reach out farther.
Maybe you should put your “group ride” on CycleFish. https://www.cyclefish.com/

It’s a national listing of all motorcycle meetings and events. Maybe we can draw some more people into the forum as well by doing this.
What do ya think?
Think I'll check it out, thanks for the idea.

·
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
If anyone was wondering what the weather is like in Galveston in November, here's the extended forecast for this year. Looks like great riding weather.

·
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Well still no interest being shown so I will post my plan. I'll go down on Thursday, best day to check vendors out. Will do down Highway 6, less traffic and a little more rural. The rally is in two different areas, the Strand (old town Galveston) and on the seawall (more open and gulf view with great restaurants). I will hit the Strand first. Send a few hours there, then head over to seawall. Grab lunch on the seawall and enjoy watching the bikes go by. I will come back the same way. Usually make this run alone. Then will go back on Sunday. I have several friends I normally ride down with and my wife goes. Will probably hit seawall first, the wife likes the water and bike watching. Then will head to Strand. Sunday is a good day to barter with vendors so they don't have to pack up and haul back. All is subject change (days, route, etc) especially is anyone wants to join me. If someone doesn't want to ride down together but want to meet up down there, just PM me for my cell number.

Strand last year.

Seawall.

·
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Bump to stay in sight. Anyone interested?

·
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I'm still going, anyone interested?

·
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Here's my Thursday, Nov 1 plan, if anyone wants to join. I'm meeting up with two riding buddies at the Target parking on I-10 @ Sawyer. I'll be easy to spot, short, skinny, old, on a bike bike😀. The three bikes will be my Electra, a black sportster and a black/white Honda VTX. Departing at 9am. Fuel stop at Buc-ee's on I-45 in Dickerson. We will first go to the Seawall rally setup. Spend a few hours there and grab some lunch. Then go over to the Strand part of the rally. Lone Star rally is split into two sections of the island. We will leave island somewhere between 3 and 4. One of the riders with me is on a sportster so another fuel stop back into town.

On Sunday, wife and I will leave Katy around 9. We will ride down Highway 6 going thru Alvin. Plans are open but will definitely eat a nice lunch on the island. We normally come back via I-45, but that open to change.

If anyone wants to meet up down there please PM me for cell. It would be nice to meet face to face. If you need info on rally.
Home - Lone Star Rally

·
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Weather forcast for this week in Galveston. Don't think it could be anymore perfect.

·
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
On way. First stop on way down for fuel. It's in the 50s but no rain.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts