Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Made it to the island.

·
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Starting to get crowded. Suns out and 66 degrees.

·
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #43

·
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Just made it home from the rally. Temperature going was a little cool but no rain. There was a big storm that came thru here last night and really messed up the vendor set up. Most vendors set up on Wednesday to be ready for rally opening day on Thursday. Well most, I would 50 percent did not set up yesterday. Those that did setup woke up this morning to severe display damage. JP Cycle display blew down and damaged a lot. They were still trying to get set up well after noon. Everyone's spirits was still good and lots of discounts on water damaged items. There was three of us that went down together and enjoyed the day. One of the guys I road with bought a new sportster about a month ago. We traded bikes for about 30 miles. That sportster is little, light and kind of sporty. He made fun of my easy chair on wheels but said it was a much better ride than he thought it would be. Since only about half the vendors were not open and not hardly any of the show bikes out we only stayed about 4 hours. We had a great day, riding and spending time with friends. Wife and I are going back down on Sunday.

·
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #45

·
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

·
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Rain today. 😠 Wife and I didn't go to rally. It rain up till about noon. Too late to make round trip and have any time at rally.

·
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
The Lone Star Rally is coming up. I attend every year and would like for a group of us to meet up and ride down. I normally ride down on Thursday as the crowds are light and you can normally spend time talking to vendors one on one. On Sunday my wife and I ride down again. Check your schedule and let me know what day you might want to ride down. Given a little notice I'm open for any day. Any one interested?

https://lonestarrally.com/

·
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #52

·
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I've been looking at the long term weather for the Lone Star Rally and have changed my plans on what days I'm attending. It's calling for rain the Thursday and slight chance of Friday. Should be great weather on Saturday and Sunday. I'm riding down by myself on Saturday and with wife on Sunday. My wife likes going but gets a little bored looking at the stuff I like to see. She's more into the clothing stuff and I'm more into looking at the bikes and accessories. Anyone else interested in going?

·
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Just got home from The Lone Star Rally in Galveston. Started out a chilly 45 degrees this morning but warmed up to mid 60s by noon. I'll post a few videos tonight after I upload them. Here's what made this year the best yet, Bevo came. I meet Bevo on the Strand a little after 10am and we spend several hours looking at bikes and vendors. I enjoyed meeting his girlfriend that made the ride with him. They rode in last night from Austin. It was really cool getting to meet them both. Bevo is passionate about bikes and keeping this forum the best one out there, I want to thank him for that. One observation, he's young!
I'm sure all four of my son's are older than him, my youngest is 37. :) The Rally is split into two sections so we then headed over to the seawall section. He had left his bike at the hotel walking to the Strand section and was going to take the trolley back. I rode over there, it's only a few miles. Well, we got separated and after a few texts back and forth decided to call it a day. He's riding back to Austin tonight and I road home. Tomorrow Carla and I are going back down. The Charlie Daniels band is playing tomorrow and she wants to see them. Not sure yet how the videos turned out but hopefully you can appreciate seeing part of the trip. Just saw on the news, 500,000 bikes were there today. I believe the count is correct as getting around was really tough. The hard part is probably 499,999 of those are weekend warriors and really don't know how to ride. At least that's the way it looked to me.

Bevo and Les behind Les's bike.

A picture of part on the bikes in attendance.

Had a New Harley Electric Bike there for test rides. Had to get on waiting list, I'm supposed to ride tomorrow at noon. Issue was is stayed plugged in to keep battery charged more than it was on the road. They brought a "portable" charger. :) That big white thing on left is a generator, it was huge.

·
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #55

·
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Noticed on the Relive app that it will track your speed against posted speed limits (speeding shows RED on route, green is under), opps, sorry officer I'll slow down next trip.

·
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
This is leaving the mainland going over causeway onto Galveston Island. Sorry the video shakes so much, the road right there is really rough, watch the fender in lower right corner and you will see it bouncing a lot.

·
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
This was pulling into the Strand part of the Rally. I park in a lot off the side of event. It's too busy with inexperienced rider to park where everyone does. Sure was a pretty day.

·
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I'm left the Strand and on the seawall trying to find a parking spot. I was getting frustrated. Ended up driving to other side of event to ride a place to put side part.

·
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I'm leaving the Rally in this one. Look to the left and you can see the gulf. The seawall is about 20 feet high here. WAAAAAY to much traffic for me. Time to head home. Yes, I' forgot to secure the tethering line on camera, that's the rattling noise.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts