Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Everybody has heard of Long Haul Paul and his VAST miles he’s racked up on his Tenere for the sake of charity.
Well, Paul has retired his Tenere which is now in a motorcycle museum in Alabama and has purchased a new SVTC to continue his adventures!
Yes Rich, he bought a GRAY one! 😁
He’s got some videos out already of his exploits and absolutely LOVES this bike! Can’t say I blame him one bit.
Hoping you have MANY more safe & enjoyable miles Paul on your trusty NEW STEED!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjVj9CTrJCo

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Another Long Haul Paul video adVENTURE!
Some of us think we have some miles on this bike, and we do but Long Haul is gonna quickly run past all of us combined!
If there’s ANY rider out there who is QUALIFIED to comment on a bikes “worthiness” as a tourer, it’s him!
Now maybe the “naysayers” will have to be silent and acquiesce to the fact that Yamaha has truly created the BEST TOURER on the market!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ8JBxXIuxc

·
Registered
440 Posts
Everybody has heard of Long Haul Paul and his VAST miles he’s racked up on his Tenere for the sake of charity.
Well, Paul has retired his Tenere which is now in a motorcycle museum in Alabama and has purchased a new SVTC to continue his adventures!
He’s got some videos out already of his exploits and absolutely LOVES this bike! Can’t say I blame him one bit.

Very nice. He will be named Night Fury II

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Very nice. He will be named Night Fury II
I really think that image “ghosted” on your bike would look AWESOME!

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

He notes in the video that he’s still in his 600 mile break in mileage, yet watching him go through twisty’s he runs the RPM consistently at 3-4K! That’s a NO NO according to the manual. Nothing above 2,500 RPM’s for first 600 miles. Nothing above 3,500 RPM’s until AFTER you hit 1k miles.
It takes some actual concentrated effort to break the higher RPM habit that is acquired by riding other bikes.

·
Registered
440 Posts
He notes in the video that he’s still in his 600 mile break in mileage, yet watching him go through twisty’s he runs the RPM consistently at 3-4K! That’s a NO NO according to the manual. Nothing above 2,500 RPM’s for first 600 miles. Nothing above 3,500 RPM’s until AFTER you hit 1k miles.
It takes some actual concentrated effort to break the higher RPM habit that is acquired by riding other bikes.
I saw that, now I don't feel so bad.

·
Registered
930 Posts
... Yamaha has truly created the BEST TOURER on the market!
BEST .... Oooph! That is a tough one. Simply because it does not take the rider's emotion into it. I will accept "One of the BEST TOURERS Engineered on the market."

Yes, I know I am splitting hairs. And that may be due to the weather has been shitty the last few days and I need some wind therapy.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
... Yamaha has truly created the BEST TOURER on the market!
BEST .... Oooph! That is a tough one. Simply because it does not take the rider's emotion into it. I will accept "One of the BEST TOURERS Engineered on the market."

Yes, I know I am splitting hairs. And that may be due to the weather has been shitty the last few days and I need some wind therapy.
That stinks there Scrumdown! I’m out riding now, and like many other riders decided to stop for an ice cream cone!

·
Registered
809 Posts

NOT AGAIN?!?!?!??!?!?!!??!?!?! :)

Tony...where are we going to park these dang bikes? We'll have to speak to Keith about paving that North East section of the SVTC/Eluder forum parking lot. We don't want these new owner's bikes, to sit on dirt....

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

NOT AGAIN?!?!?!??!?!?!!??!?!?! /forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

Tony...where are we going to park these dang bikes? We'll have to speak to Keith about paving that North East section of the SVTC/Eluder forum parking lot. We don't want these new owner's bikes, to sit on dirt....
DIRT??!!! Good Lord NO!! Paving PUHLEEZE!! 😁
Besides, I’m kinda neurotic about my bike getting dirty.

As far as “room” goes..... CMON IN and make yourself at home. Pour a cup of coffee and add a shot to it! They’re more than welcome.

·
Registered
809 Posts

I loved his vid...but man...he has to relearn where this engine loves to live, Tony....he was at 4,200 rpm...never mind, it was virgin break in miles. I hope he didn't cause any long lasting effects....cam lobe rise to hydraulic lifter face, etc....he was WAY over the Yamaha recommended two step rpm limits on the first 600 miles. Wow....but everybody to their own destiny...lol.

He will be a fabulous ambassador for the Star Venture Trans Continental 'uptake' curve, being a well known YouTube video blogger. I think CowPuc now has some serious 'the other side of the coin' video competition to vid this bike out there on YouTube, LOL....

I think that any U.S. dealer that was trying to low ball the bike like the one in Alabama that BucFan11 got his one from, where he stated in another post on the 'other' forum site, that he got it well below $20,000 (I think...he was hinting at that...), will be kicking himself for doing that, around Sept/Oct.... I said that this bike is new, as a hybrid between a multi-cylinder metric ride like the older GoldWing, and such as a Harley Electra Glide. They put the best of those two types of rides together...and brought excitement/emotion to overlay what the older Goldwings were famous for....getting you there, always....with no shake, rattle, or roll.

The SVTC/Eluder, does just that...gives you excitement and rider involvement, but no shake, rattle, and roll as well. I present to you the SVTC, the most fun and purpose-built bike that I have ever owned. I have to take my Kawasaki ZR-7S out this weekend, just so I can say that I rode it at least twice, since last May 6th....something's gonna have to give there....but I don't want to think about that right now...lol. The SVTC is so dang exciting to ride...pleasurable to ride...that owning two bikes right now...really has me thinking. I don't dare mention my thoughts out-loud to my wife, for she would be dancing up and down with joy, if she even thought I would only have one bike, and monetize the other. She doesn't 'do' Sport Tour bikes...and her butt has ever sat upon my Kawa...since its purchase, in 2004! So, no loss for her....I must remain silent...in my 'this n' that, here and there' thoughts....all while I ride Charlotte, which makes it all the more, an argument for a one-bike garage....

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I loved his vid...but man...he has to relearn where this engine loves to live, Tony....he was at 4,200 rpm...never mind, it was virgin break in miles. I hope he didn't cause a long lasting effects....cam lobe rise to hydraulic lifter face, etc....he was WAY over the Yamaha recommended two step rpm limits on the first 600 miles. Wow....but everybody to their own destiny...lol.

He will be a fabulous ambassador for the Star Venture Trans Continental 'uptake' curve, being a well known YouTube video blogger. I think CowPuc now has some serious 'the other side of the coin' video competition to vid this bike out there on YouTube, LOL....

I think that any U.S. dealer that was trying to low ball the bike like the one in Alabama that BUC11 got his one from, where he stated in another post on the 'other' forum site, that he got it well below $20,000 (I think...he was hinting at that...), will be kicking himself for doing that, around Sept/Oct.... I said that this bike is new, as a hybrid between a multi-cylinder metric ride like the older GoldWing, and such as a Harley Electra Glide. They put the best of those two types of rides together...and brought excitement/emotion to overlay what the older Goldwings were famous for....getting you there, always....with no shake, rattle, or roll.

The SVTC/Eluder, does just that...gives you excitement and rider involvement, but no shake, rattle, and roll as well. I present to you the SVTC, the most fun and purpose-built bike that I have ever owned. I have to take my Kawasaki ZR-7S out this weekend, just so I can say that I rode it at least twice, since last May 6th....something's gonna have to give there....but I don't want to think about that right now...lol. The SVTC is so dang exciting to ride...pleasurable to ride...that owning two bikes right now...really has me thinking. I don't dare mention my thoughts out-loud to my wife, for she would be dancing up and down with joy, if she even thought I would only have one bike, and monetize the other. She doesn't 'do' Sport Tour bikes...and her butt has ever sat upon my Kawa...since 2004! So, no loss for her....I must remain silent...in my 'this n' that, here and there' thoughts....all while I ride Charlotte, which makes it all the more, an argument for a one-bike garage....
I agree about Long Haul Paul’s “Ambassadorship” regarding this bike. In Paul’s defense: if you watch the 2up video he has learned to short shift and his RPM’s are much lower. He even makes the comment specifically about “not needing to rev the engine”. It appears that just like GArider (Rich), he had a learning curve about this bike.
Are you listening Rich?? No need to REV it up. 😁

·
Registered
809 Posts
I agree about Long Haul Paul’s “Ambassadorship” regarding this bike. In Paul’s defense: if you watch the 2up video he has learned to short shift and his RPM’s are much lower. He even makes the comment specifically about “not needing to rev the engine”. It appears that just like GArider (Rich), he had a learning curve about this bike.
Where's that second vid?

Found it...watching it right now! What great scenery, my gawd!

Hey tony...how did he get that Split Two panel mode come up on his Nav display?!? I will have to look at that....!!! The left side the map...the right the road animation.

Post Edit..."Man...if Paul can haul butt, two up...and the way that HE decided to break in his SVTC...then I have NOTHING to worry about, regarding longevity with this bike...nothing at....all.....and his wife is looking like she is having a blast behind him!" LOL!

Post Edit 2: He now has the mojo, Tony...he is right now in the sweet spot....1,800 to 2,800 rpm. He has it...it just took a learning curve for him....he now is letting the 113 C.I. live where it likes best....below 3,000 at any time. This guy, will get this bike out the dealer door, if it is not happening as I type....he has quite the following....

·
Registered
440 Posts
I am listening and I have been. I just need for my wrist to listen to my brain and emotions.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I just subscribed to his YouTube channel...there's gonna be some great SVTC vids coming from this guy....for sure! I wish him and his wife, thousands of fun filled, adventure filled miles upon their ride! You go, guy n' gal! Now, he only has to name it....THAT's the tradition!

Joe

·
Registered
440 Posts
I just subscribed to his YouTube channel...there's gonna be some great SVTC vids coming from this guy....for sure! I wish him and his wife, thousands of fun filled, adventure filled miles upon their ride! You go, guy n' gal! Now, he only has to name it....THAT's the tradition!

Joe
I think, IMHO the name should be Night Fury II, just saying.
Also that split screen is a nav setting but I believe it only comes up when you are actually have a destination set.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Also that split screen is a nav setting but I believe it only comes up when you are actually have a destination set.
OH....thank's Rich,....I haven't 'set' a destination yet...so will try that out ASAP. I only have been using the real-time MAP display. I wondered where that came from, 'cause I thought I was pretty adept with all the system features....and this had me scratching my head. Thanks for the reply. I'll now have to try that...

·
Registered
809 Posts
I think Paul should name it, 'Grey Ghost'....it is so smoooooooth, that if you don't look out the door, he will pass you right by....a wisp of vapor....a sip of Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee,....the Grey Ghost, recedes around the curve, into the mist of the early morning....with the sun soon rising, its rays, glancing off two full face helmets....ah yes...Life is good...

Yep...Grey Ghost.....I like it! ;)

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am listening and I have been. I just need for my wrist to listen to my brain and emotions.
ROFLMBO! You’re funny!

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Joe
That is correct Rich regarding the NAV setting AND a destination set.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts