Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to one and all,
I'm a renounced harley rider after having tired of the moco's prices and severe dissatisfaction with the way I've been treated at three dealerships. I'm studying up on star and the vulcans simply because they seem to have a good price point and these bikes seem to have much better quality. My wife and I ride together whenever we can and with living here in texas, the speed limits here are right around the 70+ mph zone.

We're trying to find what would be a good bike for us, Initially I was wanting the royal star tour deluxe until I found out that only the venture royale is still being made in royal star trim. By and large, I think that a silverado trim liter plus class would do the job for us, but there's always the question of whether or not anything short of a roadstar would work for us at the speeds we're riding at. Passenger comfort is a must since if momma ain't happy ain't nobody happy.

Thank you for your time, I look forward to doing my research and hopefully making some riends in the austin area. Thanks very much for your consideration and advice. I'll try to post in more detail later on in the appropriate thread. Take care and thanks much for your time and patience while I learn.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yes stay away from the 1100 if you do a lot of 2 up riding. Nothing against the 1100 but its just not in the same league as the bigger/larger rides. My dad has a 900 Vulcan and I love the comfort of it and ease of riding it ,but it also is too light and small for 2 up riding. Best wishes on your purchase..Sounds like fun!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I found a way to make the 950 Star seem big enough for 2 up....I started on the 650 Star. When I upgraded I was delighted with the increased power (still am). More than the power, I was really impressed with how well I could place it exactly where I wanted it in corners! I immediately bought a Mustang pillion pad for the back so that the missus is comfortable, she loves the new bike! Before the upgrade I'd have to stop every 45 minutes for her to stretch the legs, now we can ride for twice that time and she's still feeling good, just a little more leg room makes a big difference.
As far as high speed riding, the Star 950 is very well geared for high speed, on the 650 I was always looking for another gear, but on the 950 I'm often riding with a gear to spare!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts