Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a member for some time. I consider getting a 1300 Deluxe several years, I ended up on a Harley FLD instead.

I love this site, great group you all have here. I thought it was time to step up and do a little Intro.

Live in Midland, Texas, been in Texas since '95, live in Midland currently have lived in San Angelo and Killeen.

Served in the Army from 89 to 95, was an Avionics Mechanic. Was a great job. Been to Korea, Ft. Polk and Ft. Campbell.

Speaking of Ft. Campbell, I miss that area, Tennessee is most likely my favorite place in the states.

That's it for now. Thaks for having me.

·
Super Moderator
6,228 Posts
Thank you for your service first of all, and thanks for updating us. I’m glad TN is one of your favorite places as it’s mine as well since we live in East Tennessee. NC is my next favorite place. Love to see some pics of your bike, as you know we like pics here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,003 Posts

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
if you have been hanging around for a while, watch for a good price on a VS650, you can put a trunk on the back fender and use it for a commuter bike, and see what all the fuss is about for yourself

esp since you have an FLD

since I got my Royal Star 1300 V4 my 650 feels like a dirt bike - really notice the difference riding around town and back and forth to work. I always take Ursa on long rides, sometimes I ride it to work and back, but for shorter trips and esp in parking lots I like the lighter 650.

you should be able to find one with less than 10k miles on the odo for about $2k if you check craigslist and the other local listings.

·
2,345 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. It doesn't matter what you ride, everyone is welcome here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if you have been hanging around for a while, watch for a good price on a VS650, you can put a trunk on the back fender and use it for a commuter bike, and see what all the fuss is about for yourself

esp since you have an FLD

since I got my Royal Star 1300 V4 my 650 feels like a dirt bike - really notice the difference riding around town and back and forth to work. I always take Ursa on long rides, sometimes I ride it to work and back, but for shorter trips and esp in parking lots I like the lighter 650.

you should be able to find one with less than 10k miles on the odo for about $2k if you check craigslist and the other local listings.
I love my FLD, I considered the 1300 Deluxe. It was a toss up at the time. I don't regret the Harley, it has served me well.

I just like this forum, it is a nice place to visit :) I have been a member for 5 years nearly, lol.

Whenever I get around to another bike, I am leaning trike for rides with the wife (only way she will ride, her choice) or an ADV bike. Either way it is a ways off.

·
2,345 Posts
I hear ya on rides with the wife in mind. I went with a Vulcan Nomad when it was time to upgrade my VStar 1100, mainly because of the plusher suspension for my better half.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts