Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the longest you've traveled on a 950 with stock seat in one day. In two weeks, I'm heading up to NH from Philly, just about 500 miles on the nose, and wondered if anyone else had done that on a 950 with stock seat and how it went. I've done 350 in one day, but that was spread out over the day with a couple stops for food and a beer or two. Pretty easy. Just trying to prep myself for this and what to expect

·
Registered
160 Posts
not far at all

My wife and I rode to Canada and back through Glacier NP. She rides a 650 custom and I ride a 950. 1661 miles in one week last Labor day week. One day was 324 from Stanley Id to Poulson Mt. My ass was sore. The stock seat is horrible. Then on the way back rode from West Glacier to RIggins Id for another 351. I will probably buy a different seat before I do another ride like that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Farthest trip on a stock seat was about 200 miles, but I was always done with that seat around 100. There was just nothing agreeable about me and that stock seat. Now with my corbin, I have yet to stop for fatigue, just fuel. I honestly can not imagine 500 miles on a stock seat.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Did 350 miles 2-up in one stretch on the stock seat with one gas stop. When we got off I could barely walk and had a hard time sitting that evening. Gotta find something better.

·
Registered
19 Posts
450 miles but I only had it 3 weeks....I found that if every 50 miles I do butt exercise, pressing my back against the pillion and flexing my butt muscles, I can go further. IF I forget, the pain will set in and intensify quickly.

·
Registered
79 Posts
My wife has a memory foam modified seat. Also has a tailbone relief channel.
We just rode from Texas to home.
650 the first day and 700 the second day.
Also, just got back from Key West. 3,500 miles round trip in May.
Best $140 or so we spent.
http://www.meancitycycles.com/

·
Registered
35 Posts
Have to agree with bevo1981, stock seat works for around town but long trips you gotta upgrade. I have mustang seats with back rest and I can ride all day. 3 trips each about 3600 miles round trip. The seat still feels like new!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Iron Butt Challenge

Just did a Saddlesore 1000 and Iron Butt 1500 to Anamossa Iowa and back...1000miles in 16hrs and 1500 miles in 32hrs on the stock seat and I thought it was great...no issues.

just for clarification I'm 5'10" and 150lbs so not "carrying" and extra weight....but it did me well...

next?? 50CC....coast to Coast in 50hrs!! :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Iron Butt Challenge

Just did a Saddlesore 1000 and Iron Butt 1500 to Anamossa Iowa and back...1000miles in 16hrs and 1500 miles in 32hrs on the stock seat and I thought it was great...no issues.

just for clarification I'm 5'10" and 150lbs so not "carrying" and extra weight....but it did me well...

next?? 50CC....coast to Coast in 50hrs!! :)
Completed my IronButt 50CC challenge back in March....Belmar NJ to Long Beach California 2,784miles in 49hr and 50min!!! ON THE STOCK SEAT and no issues at all....felt great!!! then took 9 days coming home....total of 7,158miles in 11days on the STOCK SEAT.....very happy riding the stock saddle of "Ironhorse" !!! :)

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Man @pistolpete..I take my hat off to ya...All that riding on a stock seat and no complaints...I have a bad case of noassatall. I ride to my son's house and take the long way about 90 miles and I have to stop and stretch these old 61 year old bones out a little to get the feeling back in my legs. Looking at possibly finding a Black Friday or Cyber Monday sale on a new seat...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts