Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I've been out Of The bike scene for 2 years, sold them all and bought a boat and stand up jet skis 馃槤. I can across a 99 roadstar I'm really digging, for 2500, but it has 67000 miles on it and I'm leary. I've had vulcan 1500's, v star 1100s, Buell Ulysses. Never a roadie tho. Besides checking the vin to see if recall was done, is there anything else I need to look for? In thinking I can talk him down to 2k or so.

Sent from my LG G4

Super Moderator
Bos, I'd ask for any and all maintenance records, check tire wear for cracks,etc, and I'm sure the many roadie owners here could come up with a few more suggestions. I've ridden a roadie, very good handling bike.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

Registered
I've been out Of The bike scene for 2 years, sold them all and bought a boat and stand up jet skis 馃槤. I can across a 99 roadstar I'm really digging, for 2500, but it has 67000 miles on it and I'm leary. I've had vulcan 1500's, v star 1100s, Buell Ulysses. Never a roadie tho. Besides checking the vin to see if recall was done, is there anything else I need to look for? In thinking I can talk him down to 2k or so.

Sent from my LG G4
If the recall was done, I would try to find out if the oil pump gear was changed when they did the recall work. 99-02's had problems with this gear...believe they changed it in 02 or 03. Rear fender of that year had a lot of cracks in the rear fender due to the "tail wag"...support frame needs to be beefed up. If it was well maintained, I wouldn't worry too much about the mileage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts