Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a VStar 06 Custom 1100 and will be looking at potentialy going with the Stryker . I love it's looks and power and ride , however after my first non paying attention experience in buying the 1100 , is there anything I should look out for or negotiate on , like a oil filter relocation kit , 600 mile service , or the dreaded 1100 starter clutch problem ?? Thought I would do a little homework ..:cool:

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Sorry i can't tell you anything about the Stryker. Could you elaborate on the 'starter clutch problem'? I haven't heard about that & i will definitely read up on it if you can point me to the correct thread.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You could always try to get something in the deal. I've got almost 6000 miles on my Stryker and I haven't had any problems yet.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After 2o,ooo miles , I am in the process of replacing the starter clutch on my 2006 VStar Custom 1100 . I've seen in this forum that has been a troublesome part for the 1100's and seems to be fairly common . Parts are in , all I need now is a little , a little patience , and the advice of others . This forum has been great .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts