Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'm looking for some recommendations for a cruiser (used). I am looking for a cross between a comfortable cruiser and a power cruiser. What I want to be able to do with this bike is cruise comfortably on the highway with or without passenger, need plenty of passing power, yet I want to be able to cruise the back roads and be able to carve the corners some. Now I know cruisers are not necessarily corner carvers and I know Corning clearance can be limiting and I'm not looking to play sport bike jockey either (I have a ZRX1200 for that). I just want a cruiser that I can cruise comfortably on and "carve" up the back roads when I want. I'm looking at the road star, Royal star tour deluxe, or stratoliner. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
All great bikes.... What you need to do is go ride them all, then make a decision based on your needs. We are all different and look for different things in bikes. For me, My bike is the best....for you....only you can decide.

·
Super Moderator
6,417 Posts
Welcome De, I think Sick Mick couldn't have said it any better. We're all different, and not the same size which does make a difference. Go sit on several and go from there. Good luck and keep us posted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with you both! Absolutely correct! I was also just looking to hear some people's experiences with any of those bikes and the type of riding they get out of them. I'm just doing my research on them for now and plan to buy next spring. Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Now this is just one of the reasons I like this forum. A question was posted which was answered by more than one responder. The OP acknowledged the answers and expressed thanks. That's the way all forums should work.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I ride 100 miles a day round trip through the Catskills during the week and cruise around two up with my wife every once in a while - with plenty of power and fun.

VBoost...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
346 Posts
The V Max will certainly be the sportiest of the yamaha cruiser line up. I DD a Yamaha FZ1 and have a VStar 1300 touring for long trips. The bike is super comfy and handles quite well for it's size, the only draw back about canyon carving is the low placement of the floorboards can scrape, but they are actually designed to do that, they have replaceable pads and are able to spring up.

Mine is a 2007, bought it in April of 2015 for $4800 with 14k on the clock, just passed 20k today. Heading out tomorrow morning to do the Saddle Sore and Bun Burner challenges. Love it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Klurejr thank you for the great input. That's what I'm looking for. Stories about owners bikes and their experiences on them. Love the FZ1! Looked at it when I was looking for my naked bike years ago. It was a hard choice between the FZ1 and the ZREX. I found the right deal on the TREX first and went with it. Couldn't be happier with it. I like the Vstar 1300. It will be on my list of choices.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have a 1300 Tourer and couldn't be happier running the Pennsylvania twisties, very nimble and solid. Even though I ride the back roads a lot the 1300 is happy out on the big road doing whatever you ask.

Ya gotta try em to find the one you like. Good luck. Augie

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have v star 950 and its big enough to do long distance highway without a problem and small enough to use as a city commuter. Also ive had no issues on twisties lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts