Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody out there know if there is an after market gas gauge for the 2009 V-Star 1100 Classic? I think Star designers had a brain fart on that one.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
My First Bike was a 1966 YDS-3C 250 Yamaha two-stroke twin. It had one of those huge gas tanks with the rubber pads on the sides. LOL It had a dipstick attached to a ring on the gas cap from the factory. I wonder if there is a way to attach to one of the screws on the bottom of the gas cap.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My First Bike was a 1966 YDS-3c 250 Yamaha Two-stroke. It had one of those huge gas takns with the rubber pads on the sides. LOL It had a dipstick attached to a ring on the gas cap from the factory. I wonder if there is a way to attach to one of the screws on the bottom of the gas cap.
It's worth looking into or something similar. I haven't heard of anything else so, it's a start. Thanks.

·
Registered
249 Posts
i look forward to what you find. i was riding down the interstate this morning on my vstar 1100 and the engine started cutting out, I thought i had plenty of gas__wrong, switched to reserve and got to a gas station and put over 3.5 gallons in it.

I would like to have fuel and oil level indicator

thanks

·
Registered
410 Posts
I reset the trip meter after each fill up and figure 135 to 145 miles before switching to reserve. You still have a gallon of gas left, which means if you switch at 140 miles you can go another 40 miles and still have 1/10th of a gallon left. But the dipstick would have its advantages.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I reset the trip meter after each fill up and figure 135 to 145 miles before switching to reserve. You still have a gallon of gas left, which means if you switch at 140 miles you can go another 40 miles and still have 1/10th of a gallon left. But the dipstick would have its advantages.
Yeah Doug, keeping a good eye on the trip meter and knowing your mpg is as good gas gauge as any. That's what I do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts