Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all I am looking for a new seat for the V Star 650, I have it narrowed down to Mustang and Saddlemen I like the fact that saddlemen uses saddle gel sounds comfy lol.. any opinions or first hand seat time is welcomed

Thanks Ron

·
Registered
167 Posts
I need to know this too!
I plan to ride a TONNE this summer, including at least one long trip.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I need one to! I still have the stock seat on my 650 and when I go on long rides with scrc I feel like I'm sitting on a 2x4. Ooooo my back and butt hurts!

thanks,
Delkster

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just picked up a 650 last night and it came with a Mustang seat. My girl loves it, I don't. The reason I don't like it is because it's too wide and my butt is just too small, and it digs into the back of my leg. So if you're a skinny guy (I'm 5'11" 125lbs), probably may want to see if you can try one out or buy with a good exchange if it just doesn't work for you. My girl is curvier than me, with a bigger butt ( ;) ;) ) and she says the seat fits her amazingly and loves it.

Like I said, just got that bike last night, so take this info with a grain of salt. We are riding it out of state and back tonight though, so I'll update tomorrow with more thoughts on the seat from my perspective.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Reply to seat question

I have recently changed my 650 custom seats both back and front to Mustang Vintage touring seats. Have done only one long 400 mile trip so far. Love the seats. I have a bad lower back and I had no problems on this last trip. Great lower back support. You also get a little extra back support by installing the passenger seat. I also installed the National Cycle Swiitchblade chopped tinted windscreen. Makes my 2011 Vstar Custom 650 a great touring bike.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Reply to seat question

I have recently changed my 650 custom seats both back and front to Mustang Vintage touring seats. Have done only one long 400 mile trip so far. Love the seats. I have a bad lower back and I had no problems on this last trip. Great lower back support. You also get a little extra back support by installing the passenger seat. I also installed the National Cycle Swiitchblade chopped tinted windscreen. Makes my 2011 Vstar Custom 650 a great touring bike.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If anyone is interested - I have a studded saddlemen explorer seat from my 04 1100 classic. Excellent condition
$200 plus shipping
Email me at gbowen67 at gmail. Com
Thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I recently bought a Mustang from a member on another forum, it is so much better than stock

Thanks for all the replies

Ron

1 - 8 of 8 Posts